• These commercial threads are for private transactions. diyAudio.com provides these forums for the convenience of our members, but makes no warranty nor assumes any responsibility. We do not vet any members, use of this facility is at your own risk. Customers can post any issues in those threads as long as it is done in a civil manner. All diyAudio rules about conduct apply and will be enforced.

Special Deal, Powered speakers USB too!

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Ok DIY'ers,

Here is a special deal just for you!

I have about a dozen of these powered speakers available. These are nice ported speakers with dual 10 watt 3" woofers and a Polycarbonate tweeter. the crossover is a 5 component design with 2 inductors and two capacitors and one resistor. these are powered by an 30 watt stereo (15wpc) internal amplifier with a TDA7377 chip.
PLUS these speakers connect through USB to your computer and has a built in 3 port USB hub and has two RCA jacks as well!

Here is the deal on these speakers. these are from a major educational market manufacturer. they have been recalled due to a problem with the capacitors going bad and causing some unwanted excitment! I also found on the unit i dissasembled that the V-reg screw was not tight and the chip was loose on the heatsink. We have never had one go bad, but they are replacing them anyway just in case. anyway.

Because these are installed in schools and the liability involved, the MFG has issued a recall on these and is replacing just the right side powered speaker. they do not want these back so there loss is now your DIY gain!

Normally you would get one powered and one unpowered speaker as these have a stereo amplifier in them. But with a little handy DIY creativity you could remove the amp from one and use it unpowered. or use your DIY skills and fab up a cool powered 5.1 system or????

These will require a 12-15v 4 amp power supply each if you plan to run stereo or a 2 amp supply each should be fine if you use them mono each.

Please note. the woofers are not shielded. so use near TV or PC CRT monitors is not a good idea.

These are designed to mount on a wall so you will have to fab your own table top stands. these stand 24" tall. all MFG id's & Serial Numbers will be removed

I am asking $12.99 each.
$40.00 for 4,
$50.00 for 6
plus shipping.

Check out these pics.
An externally hosted image should be here but it was not working when we last tested it.

Rear with amp module removed
An externally hosted image should be here but it was not working when we last tested it.

amp module

Check out the fat magnets on those woofers!

these are nice

I just got another load of these in! I have at least a dozen available, maybe more.

From my testing of these. if you tighten the V-reg IC on the heatsink they work just fine! no problem with the caps. I think what was happening was the V-Reg would get hot then go wide open blowing up a cap!

Hmm hundreds of uses for these!

I know, turn them sideways and make your own mini line array pro concert style!!!!!

Get em while there hot!

Ok folks, These need to go!

Special price. $10.00 per pair plus shipping!

These are a USB PC sound system. Plug these right into a PC that doest have a sound card and audio is transfer through the USB to the speakers! Plus it has a built in USB hub on the front.

Normally these come with one powered and one passive speaker. I only have the powered half. so with this speacial deal you get two powered half's. remove the power amp from one and use it as the second passive speaker. Or? rewire the internal speaker and use one as right and one as left with indivual volume controls on the front.

These require a 12-15V power supply.

Heck remove the amps and use them as speakers for your 42" plasma screen! Lots of uses, these make great shop speakers!

Oh yeah sorry about that. here is a pic of the front of these units. I had show the other photo's so people could see what there have inside.

Attachments

• spk 1.jpg
    spk 1.jpg
    32.9 KB · Views: 370
I picked up two pair of these on Saturday. I just messed with one breifly (I've been busy finishing another project), but these are really neat. They are not your average computer speakers. They have decent bass and are capable of some real dynamics given the footprint. They are definately better than your average HTIB speakers. I'm planning to use a pair in my workshop and give away a pair. I'll reserve the extra amps for a rainy day. They are perfect for hanging next to a panel TV. They aren't audiophile, but for $10 a pair active speakers they are fantastic.

Paul

Hi Zc,

I would like to get a pair as well, but the shipping rates to Switzerland are prohibitive...

How about stripping out and sending just the electronics part?

I would obviously pay for the speakers as well, but would ask you to find another home for them...

Would that be possible?

Regards

Michael

Split em up...

...I'd be happy to buy some of the 'empty' speakers, been trying to work out how to make pairs with the powered ones I've got...How about splitting the basic cost?

I need 6 unpowered speakers, I can buy them from zerocool and then do the shipping or if he's willing he can split them and take care of the shipping?

Let me know...

Stuart

Hi Stuart,

I would take 4 amplifier / soundcards, that makes two pairs for Zerocool and 4 out of 6 for you.

I assume that shipping to you and you splitting out the electronics and forwarding to Switzerland is the easiest way?

Can you find out how much the shipping would probably be?

And Zc, can you find out how much the shipping would be for you?

Thanks

Michael

sounds like a plan...

ZC, what works best for you? My guess is that the overall shipping costs will be lowest if you do all the work, since every package shipped will be the lowest possible weight... but then you have to do all the work, so I understand completely if you don't want to...I am prepared to do the re-shipping if thats what's needed...At this point I have no idea what the guts weigh, so no comment yet on the price...

Let us know, I don't want to be a PITA, so whatever works for all concerned is good for me...

Fin, did you want complete speakers, or is the electronic guts enough?

Stuart

so...

Michael,

When I get home I'll remove one of the modules from the speakers I have, weigh it and give you an idea of the shipping you will need to pay for 4...Once we are all agreed on the totals involved, you can paypal me your total, and I'll ship modules I'll remove from the speakers I already have. Simultaneously I'll paypal ZC his money and then he can send me the speakers with the modules still installed...

How does that sound?

Stuart

weight and shipping...

Hi,

The module weighs in at 1lb 4oz, though there is a piece of speaker metal work that I haven't removed yet, by the time they are packed and boxed I think it will be 4lbs...5lbs at the most. 4lbs seems like a magic number for the USPS, over 4 is stupidly expensive (>$40)...

Shipping for 4lbs, large envelope is $10, if I have to split the package depending on the two resultant weights/size it could be $10+10 or more likely $10+$5.

HTH

Stuart

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.