Special Deal, Powered speakers USB too! - diyAudio
Go Back   Home > Forums > Commercial Sector > Swap Meet

Swap Meet Sell your stuff here, who knows, some other fanatic might be interested!

Please consider donating to help us continue to serve you.

Ads on/off / Custom Title / More PMs / More album space / Advanced printing & mass image saving

Old 30th August 2006, 03:42 AM   #1
diyAudio Member

Default Special Deal, Powered speakers USB too!

Ok DIY'ers,

Here is a special deal just for you!

I have about a dozen of these powered speakers available. These are nice ported speakers with dual 10 watt 3" woofers and a Polycarbonate tweeter. the crossover is a 5 component design with 2 inductors and two capacitors and one resistor. these are powered by an 30 watt stereo (15wpc) internal amplifier with a TDA7377 chip.
PLUS these speakers connect through USB to your computer and has a built in 3 port USB hub and has two RCA jacks as well!

Here is the deal on these speakers. these are from a major educational market manufacturer. they have been recalled due to a problem with the capacitors going bad and causing some unwanted excitment! I also found on the unit i dissasembled that the V-reg screw was not tight and the chip was loose on the heatsink. We have never had one go bad, but they are replacing them anyway just in case. anyway.

Because these are installed in schools and the liability involved, the MFG has issued a recall on these and is replacing just the right side powered speaker. they do not want these back so there loss is now your DIY gain!

Normally you would get one powered and one unpowered speaker as these have a stereo amplifier in them. But with a little handy DIY creativity you could remove the amp from one and use it unpowered. or use your DIY skills and fab up a cool powered 5.1 system or????

These will require a 12-15v 4 amp power supply each if you plan to run stereo or a 2 amp supply each should be fine if you use them mono each.

Please note. the woofers are not shielded. so use near TV or PC CRT monitors is not a good idea.

These are designed to mount on a wall so you will have to fab your own table top stands. these stand 24" tall. all MFG id's & Serial Numbers will be removed

I am asking $12.99 each.
$40.00 for 4,
$50.00 for 6
plus shipping.

Check out these pics.
Click the image to open in full size.

Rear with amp module removed

amp module

Check out the fat magnets on those woofers!

these are nice
Old 1st October 2006, 05:57 PM   #2
diyAudio Member

I just got another load of these in! I have at least a dozen available, maybe more.

From my testing of these. if you tighten the V-reg IC on the heatsink they work just fine! no problem with the caps. I think what was happening was the V-Reg would get hot then go wide open blowing up a cap!

Hmm hundreds of uses for these!

I know, turn them sideways and make your own mini line array pro concert style!!!!!

Get em while there hot!
Old 7th December 2006, 11:57 PM   #3
diyAudio Member

Ok folks, These need to go!

Special price. $10.00 per pair plus shipping!

These are a USB PC sound system. Plug these right into a PC that doest have a sound card and audio is transfer through the USB to the speakers! Plus it has a built in USB hub on the front.

Normally these come with one powered and one passive speaker. I only have the powered half. so with this speacial deal you get two powered half's. remove the power amp from one and use it as the second passive speaker. Or? rewire the internal speaker and use one as right and one as left with indivual volume controls on the front.

These require a 12-15V power supply.

Heck remove the amps and use them as speakers for your 42" plasma screen! Lots of uses, these make great shop speakers!
Old 8th December 2006, 12:27 AM   #4
pjanda1 is offline pjanda1  United States
diyAudio Member

Are these in cabinets? I'm assuming so, but the pics make me wonder.

pj
Old 8th December 2006, 12:37 AM   #5
diyAudio Member

Oh yeah sorry about that. here is a pic of the front of these units. I had show the other photo's so people could see what there have inside.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg spk 1.jpg (32.9 KB, 355 views)
Old 8th December 2006, 06:17 AM   #6
Fin is offline Fin
diyAudio Member

Any idea how much it would cost to ship a few to Australia?
Old 8th December 2006, 09:12 AM   #7
jazzy is offline jazzy  Slovenia
diyAudio Member

Default P.S. usb

Y G M

Jazzy
jozezupanc1@gmail.com
Old 8th December 2006, 11:40 AM   #8
diyAudio Member

Quote:
Originally posted by Fin
Any idea how much it would cost to ship a few to Australia?
Each of these speakers weights about 10lbs/ a quick check at www.usps.com shows that shipping 20lbs to australia parcel post will take 4-6 weeks and cost about $44.00

Jumping up to airmail is about $105.00! so its not cheap to ship to you aussies.

Zc
Old 8th December 2006, 03:22 PM   #9
diyAudio Member

PM sent.

Paul
Old 11th December 2006, 04:40 PM   #10
diyAudio Member

I picked up two pair of these on Saturday. I just messed with one breifly (I've been busy finishing another project), but these are really neat. They are not your average computer speakers. They have decent bass and are capable of some real dynamics given the footprint. They are definately better than your average HTIB speakers. I'm planning to use a pair in my workshop and give away a pair. I'll reserve the extra amps for a rainy day. They are perfect for hanging next to a panel TV. They aren't audiophile, but for $10 a pair active speakers they are fantastic.

Paul

Hide this!Advertise here!