• These commercial threads are for private transactions. diyAudio.com provides these forums for the convenience of our members, but makes no warranty nor assumes any responsibility. We do not vet any members, use of this facility is at your own risk. Customers can post any issues in those threads as long as it is done in a civil manner. All diyAudio rules about conduct apply and will be enforced.

I need 2sk135 and 2sj50

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
2sk135 / 2sj50

These are old Hitachi parts which I think have been out of production for several years now, so they're very hard to find, and they're getting expensive. Direct equivalents are Semelab BUZ900/BUZ905. I used the Semelab parts in place of 2sk135/2sj50 in my GM75 amp years ago, and they've been running very well for many years now. There's also anothe equivalent type, can't remember the mfr and part number off the top of my head...

The part numbers are listed on my cache of Neil McGann's old site, now hosted on my server... try this url: http://hakkinen.homeip.net/~chad/gm75/gm75.htm

Semelab url is: http://www.semelab.co.uk/. You can find all the datasheets and other part numbers there as well.

Mosfets

Hitachi is still making the 2SK134 and 2SJ49 in a plastic package TO3P under the numbers 2SK1058 and 2SJ162 available from Farnell but slightly pricey. The TO3 casings had been discontinued by Hitachi but is still manufactured by Semelab (UK). The Magnatec numbers will work but I'm not so sure about their temperature behavior. Hope this helps.

ckt

Disabled Account
Joined 2002
And again for those that didn't read :D

They are in production again !!!!!

The brand under which they are sold is DSI. Story is that they bought the rights for producing various obsolete semiconductors.
They look exactly the same as the old Hitachi's and they probably are the same. I don't know what DSI means or where they are located, I only know that there is no problem obtaining them in the Netherlands.

Price is around 15 Euro's a piece :eek:

Hi,

FWIW, I blew some 2SJ's & 2SK's I had in a regulated power supply about 5 years ago, and needed to replace them.

As the originals were no longer available, I got details of the Magnatecs and Semelabs equivalents from the respective makers, and the specifications were identical. I therefore spoke to one company (unfortunately I don't now recall whether it was Magnatec or Semelab) and I was told that they are identical parts, with the only difference being in the package markings, purely for marketing purposes.

I mention this, since, *at that time* there was a substantial difference in both the ready availability and (more importantly!) the prices of these Mosfets.

Incidentally, the reason I had used these Mosfets in the reg. PS was that I had earlier removed them from the outputs of an 'older' power amp, so I had them to hand for free. :)

I had replaced them following the discovery that some Toshiba To3P near equivalents 'sounded' considerably better than the Hitachi devices, which I had been faithfully using for many years.

It is interesting to learn from J-P that someone is now manufacturing the 'old' Hitachi devices again, but I think you can do better than these old types now, as far as the sound goes.

Regards,

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.