Fostex 168E Sigmas, 206s and 166ES-Rs - diyAudio
Go Back   Home > Forums > Commercial Sector > Swap Meet

Swap Meet Sell your stuff here, who knows, some other fanatic might be interested!

Please consider donating to help us continue to serve you.

Ads on/off / Custom Title / More PMs / More album space / Advanced printing & mass image saving

Old 22nd August 2006, 11:15 PM   #1
diyAudio Member

Default Fostex 168E Sigmas, 206s and 166ES-Rs

Well, I'm moving and clearing out some speakers. I doubt any of these need any introduction.

I certainly don't want to sell these, but it's that time. I need the space and the $$. Hopefully these will go to a good home. Please note I take very good care of my audio equipment. I will post picts below, more upon request.

Fostex FE168E Sigmas. Amazing drivers. Used but NEVER abused in any way. I had these in a BIB, then open baffle. Loved them both ways. Truly amazing in a BIB. No damage at all, very clean. Original boxes and mounting screws. New they are $278 (pair) plus ship...$175 plus shipping.

Fostex FE206Es. Lightly used. I bought these with 5 hours on them. Ran them for about 50 hours free air, lower volumes. But the project never solidified. No boxes, but will pack well. Mounting screws included. New they are $169 (pair) plus ship...$110 plus shipping.

Fostex FE166ES-Rs. That's right, I am going to let these go. It's sad, but true. I put these on OB for a while and ran them in lightly. Less than 100 hours or so. Very special speakers!! Sounded great, even OB. I have a special pair of Dave's phase plugs to go with them. However, they were NOT mounted, dust caps are still intact. Original boxes, NO mounting screws, (sorry, misplaced) I paid about $350 for these. Phase plugs are a nice hard wood and cost a good $25. I'll ask $260 plus shipping.

I'm open to offers if you're truly interested in something, prices do not include shipping. I'm easiest to reach via email during week days and will do my best to answer any questions. Email is layne_oh@yahoo.com.

Paypal is preferred, will also accept money orders. Thanks much!
Attached Images
File Type: jpg 168_2.jpg (66.2 KB, 325 views)
Old 22nd August 2006, 11:16 PM   #2
diyAudio Member

The 206s.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg 206_1.jpg (57.3 KB, 291 views)
Old 22nd August 2006, 11:18 PM   #3
diyAudio Member

The 166ES-Rs.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg esr_3.jpg (68.2 KB, 303 views)
Old 23rd August 2006, 01:28 AM   #4
diyAudio Member

I'll give you a bump for having some great drivers

Josh
Old 23rd August 2006, 07:11 AM   #5
diyAudio Member

Default I would like to buy the 168e sigma's !

Hi one1speed,

I would like to buy the 168e sigma's.
If you can send send me an email regarding the shipping costs to The Netherlands, then I can pay you the full amount right away by Paypal.

Thanks!

Best regards,
Toni Matla
Old 23rd August 2006, 08:29 AM   #6
alean is offline alean  Latvia
diyAudio Member

Hi one1speed,

I would like to buy the 166ES-R.
Old 23rd August 2006, 02:28 PM   #7
diyAudio Member

Thanks for the great responses! This is really going to help me out. If you are looking to have something shipped overseas, please email me your shipping address and what you think the best way is to get you the drivers. I'm guessing through the post office. I'll check it out online once I have a shipping address I can work with.

Also, how do you plan to pay? I think Paypal would be the easiest.

I've already gotten some 'spam' emails, so please let me know that you're legit. I'll do my best to work this out with all of you. Cheers!
Old 23rd August 2006, 05:08 PM   #8
diyAudio Member

I'm interested in the 166es-r's if the previous deal falls through, let me know either way.

Thanks,
Mark
Old 23rd August 2006, 05:09 PM   #9
diyAudio Member

Will do. The 168s are spoken for.
Old 24th August 2006, 02:43 PM   #10
diyAudio Member

Quote:
Originally posted by markgall
I'm interested in the 166es-r's if the previous deal falls through, let me know either way.

Thanks,
Mark
Mark

It seems the drivers are still available, as I haven't heard from the other buyer. Feel free to email me your address. If I don't hear from the other gent soon, they are yours.

Layne

206s are still available if anyone is interested. A true monster of a driver. Huge magnet!

Hide this!Advertise here!