• These commercial threads are for private transactions. diyAudio.com provides these forums for the convenience of our members, but makes no warranty nor assumes any responsibility. We do not vet any members, use of this facility is at your own risk. Customers can post any issues in those threads as long as it is done in a civil manner. All diyAudio rules about conduct apply and will be enforced.

Fostex 168E Sigmas, 206s and 166ES-Rs

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Well, I'm moving and clearing out some speakers. I doubt any of these need any introduction.

I certainly don't want to sell these, but it's that time. I need the space and the $$. Hopefully these will go to a good home. Please note I take very good care of my audio equipment. I will post picts below, more upon request.

Fostex FE168E Sigmas. Amazing drivers. Used but NEVER abused in any way. I had these in a BIB, then open baffle. Loved them both ways. Truly amazing in a BIB. No damage at all, very clean. Original boxes and mounting screws. New they are $278 (pair) plus ship...$175 plus shipping.

Fostex FE206Es. Lightly used. I bought these with 5 hours on them. Ran them for about 50 hours free air, lower volumes. But the project never solidified. No boxes, but will pack well. Mounting screws included. New they are $169 (pair) plus ship...$110 plus shipping.

Fostex FE166ES-Rs. That's right, I am going to let these go. It's sad, but true. I put these on OB for a while and ran them in lightly. Less than 100 hours or so. Very special speakers!! Sounded great, even OB. I have a special pair of Dave's phase plugs to go with them. However, they were NOT mounted, dust caps are still intact. Original boxes, NO mounting screws, (sorry, misplaced) I paid about $350 for these. Phase plugs are a nice hard wood and cost a good $25. I'll ask $260 plus shipping.

I'm open to offers if you're truly interested in something, prices do not include shipping. I'm easiest to reach via email during week days and will do my best to answer any questions. Email is layne_oh@yahoo.com.

Paypal is preferred, will also accept money orders. Thanks much!

Attachments

• 168_2.jpg
    168_2.jpg
    66.2 KB · Views: 365
I would like to buy the 168e sigma's !

Hi one1speed,

I would like to buy the 168e sigma's.
If you can send send me an email regarding the shipping costs to The Netherlands, then I can pay you the full amount right away by Paypal.

Thanks!

Best regards,
Toni Matla

Thanks for the great responses! This is really going to help me out. If you are looking to have something shipped overseas, please email me your shipping address and what you think the best way is to get you the drivers. I'm guessing through the post office. I'll check it out online once I have a shipping address I can work with.

Also, how do you plan to pay? I think Paypal would be the easiest.

I've already gotten some 'spam' emails, so please let me know that you're legit. I'll do my best to work this out with all of you. Cheers!

markgall said:
I'm interested in the 166es-r's if the previous deal falls through, let me know either way.

Thanks,
Mark

Mark

It seems the drivers are still available, as I haven't heard from the other buyer. Feel free to email me your address. If I don't hear from the other gent soon, they are yours.

Layne

206s are still available if anyone is interested. A true monster of a driver. Huge magnet!

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.