• These commercial threads are for private transactions. diyAudio.com provides these forums for the convenience of our members, but makes no warranty nor assumes any responsibility. We do not vet any members, use of this facility is at your own risk. Customers can post any issues in those threads as long as it is done in a civil manner. All diyAudio rules about conduct apply and will be enforced.

Two toroids - special deal

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
I have two toroids I'm letting go of. They are new in box complete with rubber mounting pads. They have potted centers and a steel band around the outside circumference. Pretty high quality from Amveco Magnetics.

The label reads:
Prim: 120v 60hz 288VA
Sec: 57vct or 28.5vct 4.68a (267va)

BUT

I have used them in the past and have dug pretty deep into them. If you cut the connectors off and seperate the magnet wire of the secondaries you actually have four independent ~15vac secondaries. (if you look at the pic the two yellow and gray sheaths each have two leads joined at the connector)

I have used them for small amps, preamps,+-15v opamp stuff etc.

Here's the deal:

Donate $35 via paypal to DIYaudio and I'll send them to you. That's $35USD for 2 X 267va toroids shipped.

Here's where I get flamed :hot: US only cause I'll send them usps flat rate and I'm eating the shipping:hot:

How do I know you donated? Forward me the paypal 'receipt email':)

Post here, the first post after my post gets it. If he/she doesn't follow through I'll post again that its up for grabs.

Attachments

• toroid 001.jpg
    toroid 001.jpg
    89.6 KB · Views: 641
I have used them in the past and have dug pretty deep into them. If you cut the connectors off and seperate the magnet wire of the secondaries you actually have four independent ~15vac secondaries. (if you look at the pic the two yellow and gray sheaths each have two leads joined at the connector)

FOR CLARITY: You don't have to unwind the toroid or untape the toroid to access the four undependent 15v secondaries. Just play with the leads. PIC....

Attachments

• tor2.jpg
    tor2.jpg
    20.1 KB · Views: 501
Hi Eddy,

I'm not affiliated with diy so I wouldn't know if they got it:)

Better ask someone else:D

I'm making a list. the interest is huge in these buggers....I can probably get more. Post here if interested. I'll get as many as I can and do what I can....

wow..I got censored on the word b u g g e r s. I meant the bug, not the other thing:xeye:

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.