F/S LC Audio ZAP Filter Mk2, complete - diyAudio
Go Back   Home > Forums > Commercial Sector > Swap Meet

Swap Meet Sell your stuff here, who knows, some other fanatic might be interested!

Please consider donating to help us continue to serve you.

Ads on/off / Custom Title / More PMs / More album space / Advanced printing & mass image saving

Old 15th August 2006, 09:03 PM   #1
diyAudio Member

Default F/S LC Audio ZAP Filter Mk2, complete

I have an essentially new (original packing, never installed) ZAP Filter Mk2 from LC Audio products out of Denmark.

http://www.lcaudio.com/index.php?page=6

This is a discrete analog output stage for CD/DVD players and DACs. I bought it hoping to install into a GDA-600 I had at the time, but have since downsized and added a Squeezebox, which is now good enough to get what I need done. I'm clearing out some of the parts boxes from my workbench, and felt this deserved a good home.

Reports are this add-on greatly improves smoothness and transparency in the high-end particularly, but through the entire music range as well. I believe both Naim and Linn use discrete outputs like these on their high-end players (CDS3 and CD555, CD12, etc) The power supply board and coil are included, but could be optional depending on how you install/configure it. It can be installed on any DAC chip, as it accepts either voltage (V) or current (I) DAC output. It also has balanced or true unbalanced analog out options, which is a nice add-on by itself. This is the latest version of the filter board, with improved capacitors and layouts.

The package includes the circuit board as shown in the link above, small toroid power transformer, power supply circuit board, foam washer and mounting hardware for the toroid, and screws and standoffs for the boards, all original from LC Audio. I also have some brief instructions printed from the Web, and the LC Audio site provides good help for that as well.

Let my lack of space and spare time to install this in my system be your ticket to a better sounding rig. Price new is over US$200, not including shipping. I will part with it for $150/obo, plus shipping. I am in the US but can post anywhere, if buyer is OK paying appropriate shipping costs.

I also have two LC Audio Clock II Modules, one at 16.xxxMhz and one at 33.xxxMhz. One has been installed and removed, one is brand new still unopened, if anyone is interested in those as well.

Thanks!
Mike
Old 16th August 2006, 03:01 PM   #2
diyAudio Member

Default ZAP Filter

Mike:

Still available? I'm interested.

Regards,
Larry Welsh
NYC
Old 16th August 2006, 07:48 PM   #3
diyAudio Member

Default clock

I might be interested in the 16.9mhz clock. Let me know your best price . Thanks
Old 17th August 2006, 03:02 PM   #4
diyAudio Member

Default Sorry for the delay

Larry,
It is available, you can contact me via email here, provide an email address you and we can connect offline on the details.

homemade,
How's $90? I paid $165 for it a new few years ago.
Mike
Old 17th August 2006, 04:46 PM   #5
diyAudio Member

Default Blocked email

Mike:

Your email is blocked. Just click on my user name to email me.

Regards,
Larry Welsh
Old 17th August 2006, 06:58 PM   #6
diyAudio Member

My email is blocked because I'm a relatively new user and my account is in "Moderated" mode until I post some more non-sale/trade oriented material. Hopefully that will be removed within the next day or so (I'm posting some info today in various places). Sorry for the hassle.

M
Old 17th August 2006, 07:28 PM   #7
diyAudio Member

Mike:

Just email me privately by clicking on my name, "tianguis", to make arrangements.

Larry
Old 18th August 2006, 02:55 AM   #8
diyAudio Member

Default clock

mail me at paulann@optonline.net. Thanks , Paul
Old 18th August 2006, 11:58 AM   #9
diyAudio Member

Mike, if clock 16..mhz is not yet sold to let me know , My email is ichtuskeri@hotmail.com
Old 21st August 2006, 05:29 PM   #10
diyAudio Member

Wendell,
Sent you email, let me know if it didn't arrive.

Mike

Hide this!Advertise here!