• These commercial threads are for private transactions. diyAudio.com provides these forums for the convenience of our members, but makes no warranty nor assumes any responsibility. We do not vet any members, use of this facility is at your own risk. Customers can post any issues in those threads as long as it is done in a civil manner. All diyAudio rules about conduct apply and will be enforced.

FS: Pair Jensen F15LL 15" FC Woofers + Power Supply

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
I have a pair of Jensen F15LL 15" field coil woofers and the requisite power supply for sale. The two are date coded 6th week of 1955 and 7th week of 1956. VC's measure 9.5 and 9.9 ohms; FC's measure 2451 and 2480 ohms. One has white frame gaskets, the other has black gaskets. One has a small hole in the felt dot in the dust dome. Other than that the cones are mint. Frames are near perfect, no scratches, just a few scuffs. The red Jensen decals are also in great shape.

The power supply I built for the drivers is also part of the sale. It's around 275v and 223ma. Nothing special. Hammond trannies and choke, EH 5U4GB, JJ 500uf capacitor. Comes with the cables to hook up the woofers. Neutrik Speakon connectors on the PS end and molex connectors on the drivers side. The power transformer does hum a bit.

I bought the drivers about a year ago from Sal Azzarelli, a well-respected Hammond organ tech in the Buffalo, NY area. I thought they might do well on an open baffle, but the qts turned out to be too low. They're such nice speakers it's time they moved on to a new home where they'll be put to use and not languish in my attic any longer.

I'll only take PayPal. I'm looking for $700 plus shipping, which could be steep. Three boxes in total, everything double-boxed. I'll attach one pic, but I have a zip file with four or five high-quality ones available on request. Please email if you have any questions. Thanks.

Regards,
John

gi.mpl

Here's a link to the theile/small parameters -- both drivers at 285v and then one of the drivers at 145v. I also tried them at around 95v -- qts was up to .75 and efficiency dropped to 96db. But, I thought they didn't sound as good as at 150v, which to me sounded the best; as always YMMV.

gi.mpl

nullspace said:
Here's a link to the theile/small parameters -- both drivers at 285v and then one of the drivers at 145v. I also tried them at around 95v -- qts was up to .75 and efficiency dropped to 96db. But, I thought they didn't sound as good as at 150v, which to me sounded the best; as always YMMV.

gi.mpl

I realize that this post is a bit late, but does anyone have the Jensen F15LL TS parameter file, the link of which appears in the previous post to this (severely-dated) thread? The links are now busted, as you might expect.

Thanks-
Dan

Thanks, John!

I'll get you an address when I've made enough posts to get off moderation.

This subject is currently of interest over on the Hamtech list.

It seems like using a constant-voltage field supply would result in a Q shift as the field coil heats up, resulting in a resistance rise and subsequent current drop. I've never heard anyone complain about this effect, at least in Leslie applications, however.

The F15LL has become pretty much unaffordable at present.

-Dan

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.