• These commercial threads are for private transactions. diyAudio.com provides these forums for the convenience of our members, but makes no warranty nor assumes any responsibility. We do not vet any members, use of this facility is at your own risk. Customers can post any issues in those threads as long as it is done in a civil manner. All diyAudio rules about conduct apply and will be enforced.

Capacitors

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Hello
I am interesting in buying some second hand capacitors
The reaso i wan't to do that is: in my country new capacitors are 10$ or more a 10000uf/100v pice
I want e medium number of it
If it is posibile at a resonable price

Regards and waiting for your responses

sorry for my bad english but i hope you will understand

looks like I have...

...about 80 or so, so how many do you want?

I do not seem to have mounting clamps, or screws for the terminals.

Mouser and digikey want between $5 and $20 for caps similar to these sold individually, so are they worth $2.50 in quantity (ie 30+ items) to you?

Stuart

brand...

...not sure, but the caps have the following markings:

Capacitor Technology
FAO 44574 85c
4000mfd 80WVDC
FAO402G080BD1H
8932 460 2129
MADE IN USA

The are approx. 10cm x 4cm.

There is a vent in the top and a pair of screw terminals. Other than the terminals there is no exposed metal, they are completely insulated.

I have tested 8 randomly from the box and found each to be higher in value than the nominal, but within 20%.

I am in the US, but don't mind shipping to europe, basically since you are paying whatever it costs.

HTH

Stuart

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.