• These commercial threads are for private transactions. diyAudio.com provides these forums for the convenience of our members, but makes no warranty nor assumes any responsibility. We do not vet any members, use of this facility is at your own risk. Customers can post any issues in those threads as long as it is done in a civil manner. All diyAudio rules about conduct apply and will be enforced.

FS: Large quantity of valve sockets, octal and 4 pin jumbo

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
I recently managed to acquire more valve sockets than I can ever hope to use, almost all NOS. I'm open to negotiation on prices, offer me what you think sensible and if you're not being absurd, whatever you want is yours.

I'd love to sell in big lots as I'm moving soon and I don't have a hell of a lot of time to send off heaps of small lots.

I'm open to negotiation as to what method of payment is used - ask. I'm also open to goods in kind, I'm after mostly vintage valve and valve related stuff, not current production gear as I can buy that myself. Feel free to send me all your EL37's ;)

contact me at slowDOTdustATgmailDOTcom

Anything that needs mounting hardware comes with it.

This is what I have:

Amphenol black phenolic octal socket x 62 - NOS
Pic

Amphenol or Amphenol copy (no maker marked) ceramic octal x 21 - NOS
Pic

Unknown maker flat octal ceramic x 4 - NOS
Pic

Unknown maker octal ceramic x 5 - NOS - these seem very well made
Pic

E.F. Johnson 211 socket (jumbo 4 pin) x 8 - NOS
These are marked as a 211 socket but they are simply a generic jumbo 4 pin, for 805, 811 etc. These seem to retail on a couple of sites for US$50 each, I'm not looking for anything like that, but offer something sensible. These are in pristine condition, individually wrapped in tissue paper and then butcher's paper. One has a chip out of the side that is not a structural problem (no crack), I have verified that the others have no marks whatsoever. These are quite distinctly better made than the Chinese copies I am also selling.
Pic

National Union jumbo 4 pin x 1 - NOS
I also have one of these that is cracked, I can throw it in if you like, but I wouldn't trust it.
Pic

Unknown make jumbo 4 pin x 2 - Used (not new production)
These have a clamp for holding the valve base, though one is needing the clamp screw repaired. Really nice sockets.
Pic

Generic Chinese jumbo 4 pin x 2 - new production
Essentially a Johnson copy, not done quite as well.
Pic

Bizarre probably nixie socket x many - NOS
Probably for a nixie apparently, I have no use for these, if you do they're yours.
Pic

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.