diyAudio

diyAudio (http://www.diyaudio.com/forums/)
-   Swap Meet (http://www.diyaudio.com/forums/swap-meet/)
-   -   FREE: Sealed enclosure for 15" tempest (DETROIT, MI. pickup) (http://www.diyaudio.com/forums/swap-meet/82657-free-sealed-enclosure-15-tempest-detroit-mi-pickup.html)

Voltaic 5th July 2006 06:48 PM

FREE: Sealed enclosure for 15" tempest (DETROIT, MI. pickup)

I'm moving from Detroit to Scotland, so I'm trying to get rid of stuff, I built this sub box about 4 years ago and never bought the driver. The construction isn't that great as it was a rushed thing (I built it in one night) but you could always veneer it. Built to Adire Audios specs for midQ sealed design for 15" tempest in down firing config. I'm at work right now, so I don't have pictures. Local pickup only, and as mentioned, it's free, just hate to see it get thrown away since theres 90USD of wood in there :rolleyes:

cheers,
Daniel

Voltaic 5th July 2006 06:51 PM

correction:

it's the Low Q design, I just found my drawings for it.

Q=0.577
V=230 Litres
Built from marine grade 3/4" birch plywood (outer box, and internal bracing alike)

EvilYoda 5th July 2006 08:55 PM

I know what it should like...but do you have any pics of it? :)

I actually gave away a sonotube Tempest enclosure a long time ago...this could be a nice gift to a friend.

TIA!

Voltaic 5th July 2006 09:15 PM

I just got home from work and took 2 pics, the first one has a 2' framing square for scale. There are no legs on the box, you'd need to add 4" high legs, thought I should mention that.

Picture 1
Picture 2

Cheers,
Daniel

EDIT: also, I'm not actually in Detroit, 40 miles north to be exact, ZIP is 48346

EvilYoda 5th July 2006 09:25 PM

Looks pretty good! I'm in Troy so Clarkston's no problem ;)

I'll talk to my friends and see if anybody would be interested...if you have another taker, by all means, don't wait for me.

Voltaic 10th July 2006 11:49 PM

Yoda: any interest in this still

or anyone else for that matter?

klm1 11th July 2006 11:12 PM

Yo, dude...

I'll take it off your hands!!! I'm Highland MI, close by
(not only that, but my daughter wants to go to Glasgow
for university!!!)
Let me know!!!:D :cool:

EvilYoda 12th July 2006 03:08 AM

let klm1 have it...I thought I would take it and just sit on it for a little while, but if he's so enthusiastic, he deserves it. I couldn't find anybody that wanted it immediately, so that works out quite well :)

Voltaic 12th July 2006 05:34 AM

Re: Yo, dude...

Quote:

Originally posted by klm1
I'll take it off your hands!!! I'm Highland MI, close by
(not only that, but my daughter wants to go to Glasgow
for university!!!)
Let me know!!!:D :cool:

Great, I emailed you with my mobile number, give me a ring, and we'll arrange pickup

cheers,
Daniel

klm1 13th July 2006 07:58 PM

Dude!

Is there a problem? I called you yesterday, you said about the meeting, you never called back-whassup?
If you want to give it to the other guy, 'K, but don't mess me up
like this-no answer, no callback, no nothing. Call me! ...or, don't.:scratch: