• These commercial threads are for private transactions. diyAudio.com provides these forums for the convenience of our members, but makes no warranty nor assumes any responsibility. We do not vet any members, use of this facility is at your own risk. Customers can post any issues in those threads as long as it is done in a civil manner. All diyAudio rules about conduct apply and will be enforced.

Autocostruire Tripath 2020 Amp

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Hi,

I have a custom built SLA battery driven Autocostruire Tripath amp for sale. I built it using all quality parts. It uses a Tripath 2020 chip which is a big improvement over the usual Sonic Impact 2024. The amp puts out about 8 watts into 6ohms and has plenty of power for driving AKG K1000s. Here are the details:

1. Autocostruire 2020 Tripath board. Much better than the SI board.
2. DIY-Hifi Obligato Oil caps on the input.
3. Cardas binding posts. Good quality RCAs.
4. Par-metal case. Very nice.
5. Front panel mounted 4 pin XLR jack for direct connection of AKGs.
6. Rear mounted switch for putting a 6ohm resistor load in place when using the AKGs. Gives the Tripath chip a better load and decreases the rising response from the high impedance phones.
7. SLA battery powered for a very, very quiet amp with great dynamics and a very black background. Battery is inside the case.
8. Rear mounted jack for wall-wart battery charger. Front mounted switch chooses between charging and playing functions. Lamp indicates play mode.

This amp works great with the AKGs and also works well with efficient speakers. It is remarkably transparent, detailed, and musical.

Asking $275 + shipping in CONUS. This is probably less than I have in it just for the parts. PayPal preferred and I will eat the 3% they charge the seller. I am selling the amp only. The K1000s are not for sale.

Best,

Paul

An externally hosted image should be here but it was not working when we last tested it.

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.