For sale-Many parts, incl. carbon-comp reistors; turntables, tubes, and more soon! - diyAudio
Go Back   Home > Forums > Commercial Sector > Swap Meet

Swap Meet Sell your stuff here, who knows, some other fanatic might be interested!

Please consider donating to help us continue to serve you.

Ads on/off / Custom Title / More PMs / More album space / Advanced printing & mass image saving

Old 26th May 2006, 12:40 AM   #1
diyAudio Member

Send a message via AIM to Spasticteapot
Default For sale-Many parts, incl. carbon-comp reistors; turntables, tubes, and more soon!

Well, I'm helping a local audio guy sell off his stuff, and here's the list of what we've got for sale. EVERYTHING can be bargained on, unless noted otherwise-shoot me an offer!

Almost all of the components are old NASA stock, and has been sitting in a cool, dry room for the last two decades.

Carbon-Comp resistors
68 Allen-Bradley 750k 10% 1 watt carbon-composition resistors. 50$ for the lot. These are great resistors, and retail for as much as $1.75 each. Alternately, I'll sell lots of 5 for 5$ plus shipping, which should be miniscule. (I'd be doing the parting-out, so I'd need at least five people interested before I would sell smaller amounts.)

25 1.8k 5% carbon-comp 1 watt resistors, also made by Allen Bradley. They're very similar to those above. 20$ for the lot. 5 for 6$ plus shipping.
"parting out" rules are as above.

74 3.9 ohm 5% carbon-composistion resistors. These appear very similar to the ones above; they are also likely made by Allen-Bradley. Probbably 1W, but may be 1/2W. 40$ for the lot, or 4$ for a group of five.

100 20k 5% carbon-composition reisistors, believed Allen-Bradley. These are likely 1/2 watt units; they're musch smaller than the 1 watt carbon-comps, but they might be 1/4 watt. Get 'em all for 50$, or get five for 4$

100 2200k 5% carbon-composition resistors, also believed to be Allen-Bradley. Same size as the other small ones, these are also likely 1/4 watt or 1/2 watt units. Get 'em all for 50$, or get five for 4$.

Potentiometers:
Clarostat 500 ohm pots. Single turn, they're pretty good-sized; I'd say at least a watt or two, but I've yet to see a datasheet. They're labled RV4NAYSN501A. I don't know how many we have, but there may be quite a lot.
Old 27th May 2006, 03:23 AM   #2
diyAudio Member

Now we add some MORE!
Whee.

-Sprauge capacitors. We've got a small case full of blue-skinned (computer-grade?) capacitors; 22000uf @ 50 volts. Great caps! Make an offer.

-Very small, low-current NPN and PNP transistors. We've got tons of these, and can sell them for next to nothing.

-Speaker drivers, of many types. Name what you want, and I'll see what he's got!
Old 27th May 2006, 11:44 PM   #3
diyAudio Member

Now, for more goodies!

1000uf 75v Sprague capacitors. "39D" classification. It's bright blue. (Computer grade?) 8$ for a lot of 5- get them while they last!
Old 28th May 2006, 01:55 PM   #4
diyAudio Member

Have any Fostex?

Josh
Old 28th May 2006, 02:13 PM   #5
diyAudio Moderator

Are Allen Bradley resistors really worth that much? I have hundreds of the 1/4w versions!
Rick: Oh Cliff / Sometimes it must be difficult not to feel as if / You really are a cliff / when fascists keep trying to push you over it! / Are they the lemmings / Or are you, Cliff? / Or are you Cliff?
Old 28th May 2006, 02:40 PM   #6
diyAudio Member

Pinkmouse

Allen bradley is worth nothing...send them to me for proper disposal

Actually Allen bradley resistors are not cheap, but as far as I know they are used mostly by tube guys. The 1/4W rating is somewhat low for most applications in tubeland (solution: parallel them).

Erik
Old 29th May 2006, 01:42 AM   #7
diyAudio Member

The prices are, admittedly, a bit high.
I'm taking all offers, though. I'm also happy to trade, especially for integrated amps and completed speakers.

Hide this!Advertise here!