neat speaker enclosures and speakers - diyAudio
Go Back   Home > Forums > Commercial Sector > Swap Meet

Swap Meet Sell your stuff here, who knows, some other fanatic might be interested!

Please consider donating to help us continue to serve you.

Ads on/off / Custom Title / More PMs / More album space / Advanced printing & mass image saving

Old 21st May 2006, 06:47 AM   #1
cowanrg is offline cowanrg  United States
diyAudio Member

Send a message via AIM to cowanrg
Default neat speaker enclosures and speakers

i have some interesting speaker enclosures and speakers for sale. they are pretty unique and i was planning on making some cool looking speakers out of them, but i just have to many other things taking up time.

attached is a picture of what i had in mind when i bought them. this is 4 of them attached to some rails to make a floor-standing speaker.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg pod_speakers4.jpg (42.9 KB, 222 views)
Old 21st May 2006, 06:55 AM   #2
diyAudio Member

Default 4.5

i did some research and found that they are atlas sound ceiling enclosures with a coaxial driver inside. here is the link to the enclosure:

http://www.atlassound.com/products/p....cfm?pn=X8409W

its a brushed metal finish that looks kinda cool. there is a bit of scuffing and scraping, but it could be sanded out, nothing major. you could even paint them like the link shows. i had planned on just brushing them a bit more.

inside each can is a atlas sound C803A coaxial speaker.

http://www.atlassound.com/products/p...r.cfm?pn=C803A

they work and sound ok. they had 70V transformers attached, but i took them off and they work just like 8 ohm speakers.

i think if someone was a little creative, they could do something pretty cool with these. im never satisfied with just something ordinary, so thats why im selling these. i had the idea to make a 2 or 3-way speaker using other drivers. the enclosures can hold up to an 8" driver. i was going to do like 2 8's, 1 ~4.5" midrange, and a tweeter, each in its own pod. you could adjust the volume by just adding a circular plate in the back to change the internal volume.

oh well, maybe another time.

i have 11 total, but a few are in rough shape and need some work. the cans are thin enough that a hammer and some patience can take out the bends and dents just fine. but 8 of them are in good condition, and the other 3 might need a little work (nothing a hammer, sandpaper, and a can of spray paint couldnt fix).

as far as offers go, i would rather sell them all at once, or in larger lots at least. its not about money here, i just think something cool could be done with them, so i dont want to just throw them all away. i realize the drivers arent the best probably, but the enclosures are pretty unique. make an offer! (US only)
Old 21st May 2006, 06:57 AM   #3
diyAudio Member

as another side note, i just found the pricelist for the enclosures and they retail for $99 each! so, good deal if anyone wants to play around with them!

Hide this!Advertise here!