• These commercial threads are for private transactions. diyAudio.com provides these forums for the convenience of our members, but makes no warranty nor assumes any responsibility. We do not vet any members, use of this facility is at your own risk. Customers can post any issues in those threads as long as it is done in a civil manner. All diyAudio rules about conduct apply and will be enforced.

WTB: Aleph Amp complete

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Although I don't have the technical expertise yet to build an Aleph 3 myself, I am in love with the amps. I had such a good experience buying a GainClone amp from a DIYer, I thought I'd see if anyone had a completed DIY Aleph 3 to sell. I may also be interested in the Aleph Mini, although I'm not sure they have enough to drive the Quads...

thre are very litle knowledge required if you will have dedicated pcb with detail description. I suppose you can solder,and match mosfets.. this will make lot of fun(in case everything goes right) and tears( in case you will blown something) but final joy will be double as well..
remember building by yourself you can use very high quality parts, original comercial design or diy for comercial reason(or reason to build to someone) most likely will be lower quality..

Now it's an Aleph 30, really

I just emailed a friend who knows a guy who used the Quads with Aleph 0's and didn't like the match. He said: "The problem rather seems, that that amp doesn't have a servo to null output offset. So the DC at the output, though remaining below 200mV at all times, influences the audio xformer in the quad, compromising sound quality." So I think I am looking for a DIY Aleph 30, rather than a 3, since I know that the 30 recommended by some for use with the Quads. Do you have something that could work?

I think the speaker can handle what ever power you give it as long as it's stable. I know of one shop that sell Pass X-250s to Quad owners all the time.

God, I wish I could go back to school and get an EE degree and know what all this stuff means. The stuff you guys build is just so incredible.....

Re: Now it's an Aleph 30, really

Fishfood said:
I just emailed a friend who knows a guy who used the Quads with Aleph 0's and didn't like the match. He said: "The problem rather seems, that that amp doesn't have a servo to null output offset. So the DC at the output, though remaining below 200mV at all times, influences the audio xformer in the quad, compromising sound quality." So I think I am looking for a DIY Aleph 30, rather than a 3, since I know that the 30 recommended by some for use with the Quads. Do you have something that could work?

I think the speaker can handle what ever power you give it as long as it's stable. I know of one shop that sell Pass X-250s to Quad owners all the time.

God, I wish I could go back to school and get an EE degree and know what all this stuff means. The stuff you guys build is just so incredible.....

Well i have heard lot's of these pass design's that we all use. But till this day i still like my 15 watt mini a's. I have 8 of them. 4 smd and 4 Through hole. I have run some pretty big speakers with them and they still have enough power to deafin you're self. :) What kind of speakers do you run? How efficient are they ?

Pictures > http://gallery.jasesspace.com/main.php?g2_itemId=379

to create amp like nelson does electronic engineering degree is not enought. to build amp also you dont need electronic engineering. I am medicine doctor and found myself pretty comfortable with building amps,and very comfortable when designing speakers :) I wuold say- go for it. there is plently of detailed plans how to build,if you will not find ask for Grolins, and others thay are very nice and helpful guys :smash:

I am using rebuilt Quad ESL57s, which present an odd load in that apparently they can drop to 1 ohm at times.

15 watts can be enough, though. Can you bridge the Aleph mini's for mono? It would be cool to run a pair.

Are yours in cases? The only pictures are of circuit boards.

I had quad esl 57 6years ago, rebuil by german technican with mylar foils and rebuilt power suplies. great speakers for chamber music. you will not reach any adectvate SPL in room with big orchestras records with any amp, as soon as panels gets 33Volts or so (believe me this will happen earlier than you can imagine) foil is burned and damaged and you will get crackling noise. esl 57 is not very sensitive speakers. particulary quad 303 did great job with them. I didnt have aleph at that time but I suppose they would be much more better.

Re: Still Confused about your mini Aleph....

Fishfood said:
The pictures are just circuit boards, right Did you build complete amps or are you considering selling the boards?

Sorry,

I'm selling raw boards and complete parts its. And if your interested and will pay for the parts to make chassis i can do that too. Just let me know.

Fishfood said:
How much for a complete parts kit? How much if you assemble it for me, including chassis?

Thanks.

I can research it. Id have to buy heat sinks, transformer Parts for the Mini A's.. Did you want smd or Through Hole. Id Have to buy the aluminum. ETC ETC., how much do you have a budget for ?

Fishfood said:
I know my newbie-ness must be irratating, but could you explain what smd means and what through hole means? I don't understand and have been unable to find out what they mean by searching....

SMD = Surface Mounted Part's..
Through Hole means Parts go through hole's in the board.

An externally hosted image should be here but it was not working when we last tested it.

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.