• These commercial threads are for private transactions. diyAudio.com provides these forums for the convenience of our members, but makes no warranty nor assumes any responsibility. We do not vet any members, use of this facility is at your own risk. Customers can post any issues in those threads as long as it is done in a civil manner. All diyAudio rules about conduct apply and will be enforced.

FS: High Gain ~12db WiFi Antenna

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
I bought some parts to make myself a couple Biquad style antennas and ended up with more pieces than I needed. I've put together another one and still have parts for two more if there is more than one person interested.

Rough specs are:

Gain: ~12dbi
Frequency: 2.4-2.5ghz
Nominal Impedance: 50ohm
Beamwidth: ~40 degrees
Connector: N Female
Reflector Material: FR4 PCB 2oz double sided copper(sealed to prevent oxidation)
Size: 5" x 5"

I've tested this antenna against a few "cantennas" I built and it beats them hands down. The gain is equal or greater to the cantenna, it has a much wider beamwidth, and a smaller footprint. Plus, it just looks better. :D

Another plus about this style antenna is that you can mount it on the arm of a standard 18" satellite dish and achieve a gain of around 30dbi.

If my "lid/bolt" poor mans stand isn't good enough for you the connector is 1/4" 20 thread and will fit on any standard tripod.

The pigtail in the last picture is not included, you will have to pic one up for your specific application.

Considering the cost of the parts plus my labor, I think $25 shipped to anywhere in the US in a fair price.

You can contact me at h8isgr8 AT gmail DOT com.

biquad_front.jpg

biquad_back.jpg

biquad_side_pigtail.jpg

I'm not a buyer,regarding my location and complicated money transfer.....is it possible that you give measures of this antenna via personal e-mail?

The theory behind the measurements is quite simple actually.

Each of the 8 sections of the antenna needs to be a 1/4 wavelength of the frequency your after. So im my case I use roughly 31mm to achieve a 1/4 wave in the 2.4ghz 802.11 spectrum.

The only other important measurement is the distance from the reflector which needs to be half of the 1/4 wavelength so it reflects the signal back up to the antenna in phase. In my case thats 15.5mm.

Measurements don't have to be 100%, this style antenna does fairly well even if your off by 1mm or so.

The sides are about 30mm long and are not required for the antenna to work, but they cut down radiation from the rear lobes of the biquad by about 6 dB. They are most usefull when mounting on a dish for higher gain.

EDIT: I also forgot to mention the reflector size should be approximately one full wavelength by one full wavelength square. This measurement is probably the least important but should be as close as possible.

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.