• These commercial threads are for private transactions. diyAudio.com provides these forums for the convenience of our members, but makes no warranty nor assumes any responsibility. We do not vet any members, use of this facility is at your own risk. Customers can post any issues in those threads as long as it is done in a civil manner. All diyAudio rules about conduct apply and will be enforced.

anyone want broken sub boxes and drivers?

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
this is a weird thread, ill warn you now :)

i had a pair of velodyne HGS-15X subwoofers that UPS destroyed when i shipped them to someone. velodyne rebuilt two new ones using the old plate amps (which were fine).

so, i have two sub boxes with destroyed drivers sitting in my basement. the cabinets arent too bad. if the joints were glued back in place, they would be ok. they got dropped or something and the corners are coming apart a bit. if cosmetics arent terribly important, these would be perfect. OR, you could just sand down the outsides after sealing them, and they could be fine.

the drivers are pretty worthless (or so i think). the magnets are detached from the cones. the voice coils are destroyed. the cones themselves are fine though. so maybe these could be used as passive radiators?

in any event, im just throwing them away, if someone wants them, let me know. shipping will be limited to the US, sorry canada and rest of the world. if you JUST want the cabinets, shipping wont be too bad, but the drivers are pretty heavy.

here are the pictures! first, a couple of the driver...

(both drivers look identical).

Attachments

• driver1.jpg
    driver1.jpg
    41.6 KB · Views: 103
Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.