FS: Edgarhorn 300hz horns, JBL LE5-2's, and Lambda TD15M & crossover parts - diyAudio
Go Back   Home > Forums > Commercial Sector > Swap Meet

Swap Meet Sell your stuff here, who knows, some other fanatic might be interested!

Please consider donating to help us continue to serve you.

Ads on/off / Custom Title / More PMs / More album space / Advanced printing & mass image saving

Old 26th April 2006, 12:15 AM   #1
diyAudio Member

Send a message via AIM to Rescue Toaster
Default FS: Edgarhorn 300hz horns, JBL LE5-2's, and Lambda TD15M & crossover parts

Here's some speaker parts for sale:

2x Edgarhorn 300hz square unfinished horns
2x JBL LE5-2 5" Alnico drivers for the horns (Bruce's recommended driver for these horns)
2x Lambda Acoustics TD15M 15" high efficiency drivers.
2x Fostex horn supertweeters

Crossover parts for both the Horn/supertweeter series crossover and for a 500hz crossover from the Lambda 15's to the Edgarhorns. (High quality ICW capacitors and Solen inductors)

The horns are just Bruce's basic unfinished horn shells (need some stain or paint). The JBL LE5-2's are small vintage alnico drivers (not compression drivers) that are Bruce's recommended driver for these horns for best performance & sound. The horns are untouched and the drivers are in very good shape, one cone is slightly discolored but is unnafected structurally or audibly (I've put the drivers on the horns and listened to them, other than that they've just been sitting there).

The 15"s were made by Lambda Acoustics before they went out of business. They are 15" high efficiency drivers suitable for sealed (though F3 is around 80hz then), or ported enclosures. A Karlson enclosure also looked interesting to me, and they're quite suited to that as well. They're paper cones, with accordian surrounds, a pole piece instead of a dust cover, and have copper faraday rings to reduce inductance and lower distortion etc..etc.. These drivers were (and still are) extremely well regarded and are of incredible quality.

I have the crossover parts for the LE5-2 horns to the supertweeters (only part missing is two resistors) and I have large high quality caps for a first order 500hz crossover on the horns, and caps & coils for a second order 500hz on the TD15M's. You'd probably want one of those 8ohm variable T-pads on the horn for voicing the system at first depending on what setup you go for on the 15's.

Asking $350 & ship for the 300hz horns, LE5-2's, supertweets & those crossover parts

Asking $500 & ship for the TD15M's. (with no extra crossover parts)

If you want both the horns & the 15's and the crossover parts it'll just be $850 and shipping, I'll include the monster solen inductors & the caps for free.

I'll get up pics of the horns later today, I have to borrow a camera to snap the TD15M's, but if you search a little you'll find some online too. And plenty more about these awesome drivers.

TS on the lambda TD15Ms:

Fs 30.5 Hz
Qms 4.47
Qes 0.29
Qts 0.27
Vas 405 Liters
Cms 0.4 mm/N
Mms 70 grams
Sd 855 cm2
Rms 3.0 Kg/S
Bl 27.6 T/m
Re 6.6 ohms
Z 8 ohms
Le 0.2 mH (the super low Le is due to the copper faraday, they have awesome midrange)
1WSpl 98.1 dB
Xmax (linear) 3mm
Xmax (mech) 10mm

The xmax is extremely linear in the 3mm range, and most people usually count on it being OK to operate them out to about 7mm at peaks down in the bass without distortion being much of a problem.

Send me email through the forums or post a reply here, thanks!
Old 30th April 2006, 12:53 AM   #2
diyAudio Member

Send a message via AIM to Rescue Toaster
Some pics & bumpage

Edgarhorn 300hz tractrix horn shells:

Click the image to open in full size.Click the image to open in full size.

JBL Alnico LE5-2 drivers for said horns (Bruce's recommended drive for this horn)

Click the image to open in full size.Click the image to open in full size.

I don't have a pic of my TD15M's, but here's a pic of a TD15M I found online (a little blurry). I'll try to get some pics of mine up by monday or so, but they're absolutely pristine, never used.

Click the image to open in full size.
Old 3rd January 2007, 04:34 PM   #3
cscmc1 is offline cscmc1  United States
diyAudio Member

I don't suppose those horns are still available, are they?

Thanks!

Chris

Hide this!Advertise here!