FS: Yamaha M-80 Fixer-Upper
Well, I wanted to spend some time updating my fav amp a bit, started, then decided that I don't really want to dive into this... I had bought a lower power amp for interm use that I have started to enjoy. (+need to spend energy finding a "real" job... bleh; disabled on top of that too; I'm burnt!)
For sale: Yamaha M-80 Power Amplifier
250WPC@0.003%THD 8 ohms RMS, Auto class A feature keeps it in Class A mode up to 30WPC, then goes into the AB mode. 127/119db S/N, dual transformer, 16 Sanken transistors, 4 huge 47000uf smoothing caps + 2 other nice big caps on the board. output meter works perfectly, pots are noise-free.
The tune-ups I was going to do were:
1) Replace the speaker binding posts; they had all cracked in some way due to the age/quality of the plastic.
2) Clean or replace the protection and speaker relays. #3 was fine, #1 and #2 needed cleaning
3) Look at anything else that might need a tune-up
4) Clean all the dust
I had gotten this far:
1) Pulled out the speaker posts
2) Cleaned 1 basic relay
Other than a couple of relays that could use a cleaning, and a DIY'er up to making a custom plate for mounting the speaker posts, the amp works fine, and SOUNDS REALLY GOOD. If needed, I can tack on some wires to the speaker output panel for auditioning.
I'm asking $450CAD OBO... Even open to interesting trades for some of the value (would like a nice 24 bit ,96/192khz DAC, or 24bit CDP Burr Brown, or ???).
Local pickup only please as I can barely lift the thing.
I'm located in Toronto.
Feel free to ask anything.
Thanks and Cheers,
I live in Kitchener, about an hour West of you. E-mail me, I have a trade offer for you but it is not a DAC.
email sent... waiting with curiosity... ... ...
Also other trade ideas I could think up as ideas (still open to new ideas too):
- Good LCD monitor (19" and up, wide a plus, with good specs). would have to be very good as these things hold no value since the moment you first breathe on them.
- P4 (2.4~2.8~3.0 Ghz) computer or AMD 3000+, with decent memory/mobo/parts
- will try and think of more....
Haven't rec'd your PM yet.
Hmmm... this seems to happen a lot. spam filter?
Anyway... just email me at --->email@example.com<---, should be fine coming my way.
Yamaha M-80 Power Amp
Amp is still available for purchase or trade!
Talked to Zedguy, very good offer but bad timing (can't use any more speakers at the moment; I should have included a note).
It's a great amp, and even if there are no takers, I'll end up continiuing the work at some point with putting on nice binding posts, cleaning the guts, then sticking it back in my closet.
More ideas of stuff I'd like...
- Pioneer Elite CLD-95 Laserdisc Player
- MacIntosh Laserdisc player
- Yamaha CDV-870 Laserdisc Player (partial trade; maybe half)
- something cool...
Cash is always preferred, but I do love gear!
Mine all MINE!
Well after lotsa hard work and some satisfying listening after, I think I'll be keeping the amp.
|All times are GMT. The time now is 02:04 PM.|
vBulletin Optimisation provided by vB Optimise (Pro) - vBulletin Mods & Addons Copyright © 2013 DragonByte Technologies Ltd.
Copyright ©1999-2013 diyAudio