• These commercial threads are for private transactions. diyAudio.com provides these forums for the convenience of our members, but makes no warranty nor assumes any responsibility. We do not vet any members, use of this facility is at your own risk. Customers can post any issues in those threads as long as it is done in a civil manner. All diyAudio rules about conduct apply and will be enforced.

3 x PC motherboards - 2 S478, 1 S370

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
I've got 3 working PC motherboards - 2 x S478 and 1 x S370. They are a bit basic and too old to be worth selling on Ebay so was wondering if anyone here wanted to use them or cannibalise them for parts?

If they aren't worth buying as such you can have them for whatever it costs to post them.

First sensible offer secures, otherwise they'll go as freebees + postage costs to the first party to register an interest in a weeks time.

I'd rather not just throw them away because they may be useful for something to someone but if there is no interest in a week, they'll be chucked out.

Do the boards include processors? I'm curious because I'm interested in the S370 board, as I have an S370 processor, but I don't know if the processor is any good. (It's on a slocket adaptor that I was told the adaptor was bad) I'm only interested in that one. Oh, and just as an FYI, if everything actually works, and I'm able to piece it together cheap enough, it'd go into a system to be donated somewhere. (Probably a community theatre, but possibly others)

Any idea what post to the US would be for it?

Thanks for the info!

Bob

Hi,

The boards don't have processors I'm afraid but I can put a 128MB PC133 SDRAM stick on the S370 board if that helps.

The S370 board has onboard audio / LAN / VGA / 1PCI / 1ISA / 2USB and is mini ATX format - As most stuff is onboard, it shouldn't cost a lot to build a working system. It certainly worked last time I used it and it has been stored properly. I expect the CMOS battery died a long time ago though.

Surface mail costs from Royal Mail are (guessing because I don't have scales) between £5 and £7.

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.