Go Back   Home > Forums > Commercial Sector > Swap Meet

Swap Meet Sell your stuff here, who knows, some other fanatic might be interested!

Please consider donating to help us continue to serve you.

Ads on/off / Custom Title / More PMs / More album space / Advanced printing & mass image saving

Old 10th April 2006, 11:04 AM   #1
diyAudio Member

Default CS4396 192/24 DAC for sale *New*

I'm selling my upsampled DAC Kit because I'vo got an Universal Player with SACD playback, thus I couldn't use my DAC anymore.
The device is less than three month old (I'll hand over the invoice), so it's brand new.
The standard Op Amps at the output (I/V and filter) have been replaced by the much better AD8620, the whole think sounds much better. It is of an extreme transparency and staging, warm but not bass-heavy.

I give a Van Den Hul carbonfibre cable with ("The First") which is the statement as a digital cable from the dutch manufacturer.
It has one S/PDIF input (RCA only), a pair of unbalanced RCA and a pair of balanced XLR outputs.
It comes with a 230 volts transformer, a fuseholder and a IEC socket, just plug in everything and let it sing. NO housing

They are two LEDs: one Red for "error" (no signal), and one green "signal" when it detects the digital signal. Output relais mute the analogue signal when ni digital signal is on, but they are not in the signal path but they shorten the output. The whole analogue stage is DC coupled (no capacitor).

Power supply: heavy 100 VA tranny, ultra fast BWY type diodes, Panasonic FC caps for filtering.

Chipset: DAC=CS4396, receiver=CS8414, upsampler=AD1896, OpAMps=AD8620 (4x), output buffers=BUF634.
Output impedance 50 ohms, 3 volts pp on XLR (at 0dB).
Reads everything from 16 to 24 bits, and 32 to 96kHz.
Height 25mm (1"), Circuit is 100mm x 235mm (3.94" x 9.25").

The whole think worth more than 700€, I let it go for 580€ incl. free delivery in Europe .

For more Info: http://www.hoer-wege.de/dacup4396.htm

Picture is taken from the Hörwege Website, my camera is dead.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg cs4396.jpg (71.3 KB, 312 views)
Old 24th April 2006, 04:36 PM   #2
diyAudio Member

Default New pics ofmy DAC

OK, I bought a new camera, and made some HR pics. Those who want higher resolution, just mail me.

This is the main board, modified as described.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg dac-1.jpg (83.5 KB, 165 views)
Old 24th April 2006, 04:41 PM   #3
diyAudio Member

Default Newpics of my DAC

The input, filter and DAC chipset
Attached Images
File Type: jpg dac-2.jpg (91.4 KB, 160 views)
Old 24th April 2006, 04:43 PM   #4
diyAudio Member

Default New pics of my DAC

The 100 VA tranny
Attached Images
File Type: jpg dac-3.jpg (95.5 KB, 134 views)
Old 24th April 2006, 04:44 PM   #5
diyAudio Member

The output stage
Attached Images
File Type: jpg dac-4.jpg (92.6 KB, 149 views)
Old 24th April 2006, 04:48 PM   #6
diyAudio Member

Ouput sockets: WBT for the unbalanced, and Goldplated Neutrik for the balanced. HQ input RCA for digital.

Note: Hoerwege proposes a input board with coaxial and optical inputs, selectable as an addition.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg dac-5.jpg (98.5 KB, 120 views)
Old 24th April 2006, 04:50 PM   #7
diyAudio Member

And finally the Van Den Hul Carbon cable for digital.It's one of the first generation and the connectors have been replaces (the original tent to brake the carbon fibres).

If somebody is interested in the set, mail me or make me an offer
Attached Images
File Type: jpg dac-6.jpg (90.1 KB, 104 views)

Hide this!Advertise here!