• These commercial threads are for private transactions. diyAudio.com provides these forums for the convenience of our members, but makes no warranty nor assumes any responsibility. We do not vet any members, use of this facility is at your own risk. Customers can post any issues in those threads as long as it is done in a civil manner. All diyAudio rules about conduct apply and will be enforced.

CS4396 192/24 DAC for sale *New*

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
I'm selling my upsampled DAC Kit because I'vo got an Universal Player with SACD playback, thus I couldn't use my DAC anymore.
The device is less than three month old (I'll hand over the invoice), so it's brand new.
The standard Op Amps at the output (I/V and filter) have been replaced by the much better AD8620, the whole think sounds much better. It is of an extreme transparency and staging, warm but not bass-heavy.

I give a Van Den Hul carbonfibre cable with ("The First") which is the statement as a digital cable from the dutch manufacturer.
It has one S/PDIF input (RCA only), a pair of unbalanced RCA and a pair of balanced XLR outputs.
It comes with a 230 volts transformer, a fuseholder and a IEC socket, just plug in everything and let it sing. NO housing

They are two LEDs: one Red for "error" (no signal), and one green "signal" when it detects the digital signal. Output relais mute the analogue signal when ni digital signal is on, but they are not in the signal path but they shorten the output. The whole analogue stage is DC coupled (no capacitor).

Power supply: heavy 100 VA tranny, ultra fast BWY type diodes, Panasonic FC caps for filtering.

Chipset: DAC=CS4396, receiver=CS8414, upsampler=AD1896, OpAMps=AD8620 (4x), output buffers=BUF634.
Output impedance 50 ohms, 3 volts pp on XLR (at 0dB).
Reads everything from 16 to 24 bits, and 32 to 96kHz.
Height 25mm (1"), Circuit is 100mm x 235mm (3.94" x 9.25").

The whole think worth more than 700€, I let it go for 580€ incl. free delivery in Europe .

For more Info: http://www.hoer-wege.de/dacup4396.htm

Picture is taken from the Hörwege Website, my camera is dead.

Attachments

• cs4396.jpg
    cs4396.jpg
    71.3 KB · Views: 371
Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.