• These commercial threads are for private transactions. diyAudio.com provides these forums for the convenience of our members, but makes no warranty nor assumes any responsibility. We do not vet any members, use of this facility is at your own risk. Customers can post any issues in those threads as long as it is done in a civil manner. All diyAudio rules about conduct apply and will be enforced.

Plitron Toroids for sale

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Coulomb said:
Your probably looking for the some ones as I am Jason.

I do have a bunch of 50 VA R-cores assorted voltages and some 25 VA toroids.

I assume you are looking for 300 to 500 VA 15 to 18 VAC?

Anthony

I am looking for the 18V one or the ones i bought off ebay for 30$ BUT i am interested in the r-core too :)

plitron

HI
Please let me know if I can take the 750VA transformer , the price how we agried ,and if I can pick up .
I live on Keele & Eglinton area .
In case if does't feed the Krell well , I will use for something else .
I asked some DIY-ers (Stuart) about if I can use it for Krell and they told I can if I have large enough heatsink .
Please I'm serious to buy it .
Regards

Re: plitron

gaborbela said:
HI
Please let me know if I can take the 750VA transformer , the price how we agried ,and if I can pick up .
I live on Keele & Eglinton area .
In case if does't feed the Krell well , I will use for something else .
I asked some DIY-ers (Stuart) about if I can use it for Krell and they told I can if I have large enough heatsink .
Please I'm serious to buy it .
Regards

Sure Jeno, I will PM you again

Got any r-cor's to make this ?

Attachments

• ps circuit as-built.jpg
    ps circuit as-built.jpg
    65.8 KB · Views: 803
HI Anthony
I dont know how I start , it is about the 750VA transformer .
I said I will take the transformer but after I have some DIY-ers opinion I have a second touhts about it .
I dont know if is posible I would like to pas it .
I feel bad about it and I want to appologize , but I already spent almost $200 for heatsinks plus pc boards and parts .
So I realy dont want to use a transformer what is not the best for these amp.
I'd rather spend more and I order from Pitron a 2x28V 1000VA transformer .
In case if the transformer have some problem I can returne it , it happend before wit me .
Thanks for your understanding .
Regards

Ex-Moderator
Joined 2005
Why spend a whole lot more for a brand new 2x28V plitron which will give you about 38VDC rails after rectification when you can have 41VDC rails after rectification from a good used plitron at a great price??? These transformers don't go bad if they're used as intended.

I'm in no way affiliated with Coulomb but you'd be wasting money if you went with a brand new plitron instead of the one Coulomb has (assuming it is good condition).

BWRX said:
Why spend a whole lot more for a brand new 2x28V plitron which will give you about 38VDC rails after rectification when you can have 41VDC rails after rectification from a good used plitron at a great price??? These transformers don't go bad if they're used as intended.

I'm in no way affiliated with Coulomb but you'd be wasting money if you went with a brand new plitron instead of the one Coulomb has (assuming it is good condition).

Id have to agree. I can vouch this tho. Coulomb does take good care of his things and can work with you on your project even get you some parts if needed as he is also good at sourcing out parts.

HI
These is not just about the 30v or 28v . I have very large heatsink for these project so maybe I will go with higher power .
Right now I owne some Plitron transformer and I sold some on the Ebay after I no longer had a need for them .
Plitron quality is good but I had a transformer 300VA after a while was so noise I needed to return to Plitron.
But the real reason is , some one say it is OK to use 30V 750VA transformer , but others say I sould go with more power 1KVA.
So I realy dont know what do I do , he has a good price on it , but if does not feet to the Krell clone after I will have to buy another transformer and I and up I spend more.
If I would be sure is perfect for the Krell ......
Regards

750VA Plitron

Coulomb said:

750VA 2 x 30 Shielded and screened - New still for sale.

Anthony

Hi Anthony,

Please Email me some info regarding this trafo
Avi0308@bezeqint.net

Is it custom made or off the shelf plitron?

What is the primery voltage?
30v *2 ? (for dual mono I look for two 330v transformers, but maybe I can go for big one 750 trafo?)

Whight and size, and delivery price to israel.

Thanks,
Avi

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.