WTB: John Pomann's Active Crossover Kit - diyAudio
Go Back   Home > Forums > Commercial Sector > Swap Meet

Swap Meet Sell your stuff here, who knows, some other fanatic might be interested!

Please consider donating to help us continue to serve you.

Ads on/off / Custom Title / More PMs / More album space / Advanced printing & mass image saving

Old 29th March 2006, 12:12 AM   #1
diyAudio Member

Default WTB: John Pomann's Active Crossover Kit

All,

I am embarking on another new project - as if I need ANOTHER project :^\ It would be really helpful if I could buy John Pomann's Active Crossover Kit - unfortunately it appears that he is not selling it anymore. If anyone has a gently used kit that is not being used, I am interested in buying it.

Edward

See info here...

http://www.snippets.org/filters/crossover.htm
Attached Images
File Type: jpg board1.jpg (33.1 KB, 160 views)
Old 29th March 2006, 04:07 AM   #2
Variac is offline Variac  United States
diyAudio Editor

Here's an effort right here doing the same (actually better I would think) It seems more complicated but is the same basic idea, just more options if you want them andthere are lots of people here to help you.

Active filter board GB

Power supply for it:

Scalable PSU/regulator GB
Old 29th March 2006, 08:07 PM   #3
diyAudio Member

On this new project, I am not building a standard crossover - so development of the circuit topology is required. So, I am looking for a 'one-stop' source for active circuit development. The Pomann kit came with a PS, breadboard, Opamps and lots of parts. For me to scrounge up an equivalent collection will require multiple vendors and dealing with minimum orders for a lot of the passive components :^\ So, I am definitely interested in a Pomann kit - or equivalent from someone else.

I have already joined the active circuit board group buy, that you suggested. I think that this board will have enough flexibility to implement the FINAL design of the circuit, I just need a good set-up for developing the design - hence the Pomann kit

Edward
Old 29th March 2006, 08:24 PM   #4
diyAudio Member

you can get everything you need from www.mouser.com and htey have no minimum order. Resistors have a 10 piece minimum, but you'll want closr to that many if you are doing a 4th order filter. Use the values in the Acitve Filter Two manual at www.delta-audio.com for an easy starting point.

Hide this!Advertise here!