• These commercial threads are for private transactions. diyAudio.com provides these forums for the convenience of our members, but makes no warranty nor assumes any responsibility. We do not vet any members, use of this facility is at your own risk. Customers can post any issues in those threads as long as it is done in a civil manner. All diyAudio rules about conduct apply and will be enforced.

Genuine Toshiba 2SD424

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Hi All,

I have a lot of 2SD424 transistors available. I believe these to be genuine Toshiba for the following reasons:

1. The baseplate is within thickness specs on the datasheet. All of the fakes I have seen thus far have baseplates that are entirely too thick.

2. The heat spreader imprint, which you can usually see from the bottom, is an hourglass shape, identical to the known genuine originals I have seen. The counterfeits often have a (way too small) circular indent on the bottom.

3. The spacing between the leads and the case are pretty small, again consistent with the known originals I have. Another point of difference seen on most counterfeits is that their lead-case spacing is a bit larger.

4. I have used some from this lot to fix an Adcom 555 which I have run at 66 watts for 10 minutes as well as blasted music through incessantly (into 8ohm loads). No issues.

I have measured hfe on a Tektronix 371A and will provide a plot showing a set of curves, as well as the datasheet. The hfe runs from about 71 to 88 at 2A, VCE:5V.

$7 each.

If there's any other test you'd like me to do, let me know.

Thanks,
-Funkenstein

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.