• These commercial threads are for private transactions. diyAudio.com provides these forums for the convenience of our members, but makes no warranty nor assumes any responsibility. We do not vet any members, use of this facility is at your own risk. Customers can post any issues in those threads as long as it is done in a civil manner. All diyAudio rules about conduct apply and will be enforced.

:)))) on eBay!!! LOOK!!!! :))))

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.

Attachments

• gap.jpg
    gap.jpg
    18.2 KB · Views: 864
Cartman,

Be wary, this looks like a fake to me, double crown is S2. Not even convinced it's an S1 either. The S1 and the crowns look whiter than the other text and the lower crown looks different to the upper one. At best I'd say it's an S1 where someone has etched a second crown !

Jon

The seller's answer for my question about the authenticity:

======================================================================
Response to Question about Item -- Respond Now
======================================================================

Response from grundon
---------------------------------------

Item: TDA1541A Twin Crown, Marantz, DAC Upgrade, RARE (5875116089)
This message was sent while the listing was active.
grundon is the seller.
---------------------------------------
Hi Chris

Sorry, no this is a genuine item. I used to work for Marantz here in the UK. Ken Ishiwata handed me these personally.

Regards

:D :D :D :D :D

Joined 2005
Paid Member
Stop Immediatley?

Sure, easy for you to say, since its not YOUR money.

Where there's money to be made, you will always find fakes. And most will never know of their fake purchase until its too late. Yet others will never admit to making the mistake of purchasing a fake.

If it sounds too good to be true, run I say.

Cartman stop it ... you can not know wheater it is a fake or not. .. Fact is that never ever has anyone proven that fake TDA1541s excist.

It has a double crown.. the seller doesn't clame that it's a S2 version.. just a double crown. And the crowns look genuin.. and I know that, because I used to sell these chips all over the world directly from Philips Eindhoven NOS in The Netherlands.

Does it have S1 specs or S2 specs ... we don't know and I bet the seller doesn't know either. So spec-wise he might be wrong in saying that it's the same as the Marantz CD7, marking-wise .. he's wrong and right.. as these chips do have 2 crowns

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.