• These commercial threads are for private transactions. diyAudio.com provides these forums for the convenience of our members, but makes no warranty nor assumes any responsibility. We do not vet any members, use of this facility is at your own risk. Customers can post any issues in those threads as long as it is done in a civil manner. All diyAudio rules about conduct apply and will be enforced.

Kenwood KA-1100D (faulty) all parts available

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
I bought this amp off Ebay recently (fully working) and the nice guys at DHL decided to drop it from a great height and shatter the main pcb in so many places that although I have tried soldering jumpers to every necessary point I can't get it to work. It powers up, but only the red volume knob light illuminates and that's it. Nothing starts to smoke on powerup or smell strange. I think the amp is in a protect state but I can't tell. I'm really narked as it's a monster amp and I have always wanted one and bought this one for my study. It's far too good to take to the skip and I was wondering if anyone wants it for parts? It has four enormous Elna 15000UF 56v capacitors along with a whopping kenwood encased transformer. There are also several large Sanken power transistors attached to the heatsink. I am sure one of you with your talents can make some use of this amp. It's very heavy, so postage will be around £12 unless you can collect it from North Yorkshire. I have lots of pictures of the innards but the files are too large,even compressed, to post so email me if you want some. Make me an offer!

Thanks

Mat

Kenwood KA-1100D

Hi do u still have this unit? I need one for parts and have one for sale well but I don't know howmuch i should ask for this on ebay. I was hoping u can let me know who much u paid it and what the shipping cost is to canada if u still have ur unit.

Thanks,
Cole

Hi there,

I still have the amp available. One thing I would mention is that there seemed to be an american version of this amp with the same model number but quite different from the one I have. Perhaps I could email you photos and you could confirm that it is indeed the same? I paid £65 including carriage for it in good (but not mint) working condition. Carriage cost to Canada I would have to investigate for you if needed.

Regards

Mat

please get me the shipping cost to canada for the item

matski said:
Hi there,

I still have the amp available. One thing I would mention is that there seemed to be an american version of this amp with the same model number but quite different from the one I have. Perhaps I could email you photos and you could confirm that it is indeed the same? I paid £65 including carriage for it in good (but not mint) working condition. Carriage cost to Canada I would have to investigate for you if needed.

Regards

Mat

hi, mat if u still have the ka-1100d please send me a pic and the shipping cost to canad.

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.