• These commercial threads are for private transactions. diyAudio.com provides these forums for the convenience of our members, but makes no warranty nor assumes any responsibility. We do not vet any members, use of this facility is at your own risk. Customers can post any issues in those threads as long as it is done in a civil manner. All diyAudio rules about conduct apply and will be enforced.

Adire Brahma 12 MK II

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Only used for G rated soundtracks in films played for my grandma. Honest.

But seriously, used only rarely, and that's about all there is to say. This woofer is not even remotely broken in.

One of a kind, custom made for me. Nothing special, but they were out of examples at the time! Used for evaluation purposes, and then, not used much. Screwed into a box once, and is still in that box. Or is it a Tummult in a brahma basket? I can't remember.

Make me a serious offer. Need to dump stuff that isn't going to be used. A great woofer by any measure, sorry to see it go.

Ok. people are wondering and I'm getting $50 offers in emails

It's a 40-45 lb driver. It is a tummult in a brahma basket? if I recall correctly.

Custom cone. that's about all there is to know. We'll go on the Brahma pricing to be sure. I think you are looking at about $300 US, if it's worth a single dollar.

(Chris, I deeply apologize. We're off in another direction.)

Cheap, it is not. Great, it definitely is.

standard cone, custom dustcap. Standard big, positive (out) shaping. I didn't want any logo on it in case it was demo'd at a show, so they found a big dustcap, about half the width of the cone and put that on. Plain black.

I've no idea of the specs. I THINK it is a Brahma 12MKII about a 99% chance of that, so I've been adverting it as a Brahma. (Brahma = God in Hindi?). It works well in 30-50 liter sealed enclosures. Possibly on the lower side, and then force it to do the lows with sheer horespower. I prefer a more proper loading of a larger box, and lower power, and better eq function, personally. I personally find I can hear the crappiness of highly forced 'cube' type woofer systems. Not worth buying, in my opinion, and yes, I've heard most of them.

jsut under 2" of throw, IIRC.

You only need to worry about specs, realtively speaking, when porting a box..and I don't worry about that cuz I'll never port a box. Not a ******* chance. Can't stand the sound of them, won't have one in the house. :)

Bumpity. Still available.

Price? I can't remember what I paid for it! :xeye: Wasn't cheap, that I know.

Due to the motor assembly being so overbearing compared to the cone choices..I'd say it's alot like or indentical to the Brahma 12 MK II, in specs.

$300. woofer is essentially new, so price is more than fair.

specs:

RE: 2.8 ohms
Z: 4 ohms
LE: 1.8 mH
FS: 28 Hz
Qms: 5.1
Qes: 0.47
Qts:0.43
VAS: 38L!!(wow!)

Sd(cm*2):436
Xmax(1 way): 29mm!!
P max: 1600 watts
Efficency (1w,1m): 84.4 db

Dual voice coils, paramaters measrued with coils in series.

This woofer is NOT broken in. Not enough use for that. About 20 hrs, as I stated previously.

Used exclusively with the Adire ADA1200 plate amp..used in a Home Theater only to watch christian film soundtracks. Honest.

Looking at the new supllied photos of the new tummult, Id say mine is superior. Single machined high grade steel top plate, not stacked layers, like the photos of the tummult. I could be wrong though, there may be good reasons for layering the plates. Things are not always as they seem. (I't s not a bug, it's a feature!)

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.