Adire Brahma 12 MK II - diyAudio
Go Back   Home > Forums > Commercial Sector > Swap Meet

Swap Meet Sell your stuff here, who knows, some other fanatic might be interested!

Please consider donating to help us continue to serve you.

Ads on/off / Custom Title / More PMs / More album space / Advanced printing & mass image saving

Old 27th February 2006, 03:38 AM   #1
KBK is offline KBK  Canada
diyAudio Member

Default Adire Brahma 12 MK II

Only used for G rated soundtracks in films played for my grandma. Honest.

But seriously, used only rarely, and that's about all there is to say. This woofer is not even remotely broken in.

One of a kind, custom made for me. Nothing special, but they were out of examples at the time! Used for evaluation purposes, and then, not used much. Screwed into a box once, and is still in that box. Or is it a Tummult in a brahma basket? I can't remember.

Make me a serious offer. Need to dump stuff that isn't going to be used. A great woofer by any measure, sorry to see it go.
Old 28th February 2006, 05:57 PM   #2
diyAudio Member

Ok. people are wondering and I'm getting $50 offers in emails

It's a 40-45 lb driver. It is a tummult in a brahma basket? if I recall correctly.

Custom cone. that's about all there is to know. We'll go on the Brahma pricing to be sure. I think you are looking at about $300 US, if it's worth a single dollar.

(Chris, I deeply apologize. We're off in another direction.)

Cheap, it is not. Great, it definitely is.
Old 28th February 2006, 06:20 PM   #3
diyAudio Member

Quote:
Originally posted by KBK
Ok. people are wondering and I'm getting $50 offers in emails

That's me

I'm like not that smart I keep buying $50 drivers and they all suck ahahahhaha
Old 1st March 2006, 04:08 PM   #4
diyAudio Member

eh ken,do you have the spec's for your custom sub.also,whats this costom cone?
Old 1st March 2006, 07:45 PM   #5
diyAudio Member

standard cone, custom dustcap. Standard big, positive (out) shaping. I didn't want any logo on it in case it was demo'd at a show, so they found a big dustcap, about half the width of the cone and put that on. Plain black.

I've no idea of the specs. I THINK it is a Brahma 12MKII about a 99% chance of that, so I've been adverting it as a Brahma. (Brahma = God in Hindi?). It works well in 30-50 liter sealed enclosures. Possibly on the lower side, and then force it to do the lows with sheer horespower. I prefer a more proper loading of a larger box, and lower power, and better eq function, personally. I personally find I can hear the crappiness of highly forced 'cube' type woofer systems. Not worth buying, in my opinion, and yes, I've heard most of them.

jsut under 2" of throw, IIRC.

You only need to worry about specs, realtively speaking, when porting a box..and I don't worry about that cuz I'll never port a box. Not a ******* chance. Can't stand the sound of them, won't have one in the house.
Old 8th March 2006, 06:22 PM   #6
diyAudio Member

Bumpity. Still available.

Price? I can't remember what I paid for it! Wasn't cheap, that I know.

Due to the motor assembly being so overbearing compared to the cone choices..I'd say it's alot like or indentical to the Brahma 12 MK II, in specs.

$300. woofer is essentially new, so price is more than fair.

specs:

RE: 2.8 ohms
Z: 4 ohms
LE: 1.8 mH
FS: 28 Hz
Qms: 5.1
Qes: 0.47
Qts:0.43
VAS: 38L!!(wow!)

Sd(cm*2):436
Xmax(1 way): 29mm!!
P max: 1600 watts
Efficency (1w,1m): 84.4 db

Dual voice coils, paramaters measrued with coils in series.

This woofer is NOT broken in. Not enough use for that. About 20 hrs, as I stated previously.

Used exclusively with the Adire ADA1200 plate amp..used in a Home Theater only to watch christian film soundtracks. Honest.

Looking at the new supllied photos of the new tummult, Id say mine is superior. Single machined high grade steel top plate, not stacked layers, like the photos of the tummult. I could be wrong though, there may be good reasons for layering the plates. Things are not always as they seem. (I't s not a bug, it's a feature!)

Hide this!Advertise here!