• These commercial threads are for private transactions. diyAudio.com provides these forums for the convenience of our members, but makes no warranty nor assumes any responsibility. We do not vet any members, use of this facility is at your own risk. Customers can post any issues in those threads as long as it is done in a civil manner. All diyAudio rules about conduct apply and will be enforced.

FS: Mauro My_Ref Rev.A & Freebird & more

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Hi,
As I am nearing completion of my latest amplifier project consisting of a pair of Mauro My_Ref rev.C boards and the kookaburra preamp from Twisted Pear Audio, I must sell my old gear to replenish my funds. Apart from the RCA connectors and the small transformer which are brand new, everything you see here has been in use and working beautifully for I'd say about the last 6 months.

The Rev.A pcb is fully stuffed and tested, just plug it in and enjoy. Included with it is a torroidal transformer that I took from a set of Logitech Z-560 computer speakers. It is a 48VCT transformer, and judging from it's size I'd say about 250VA. The black wire is the center tap. There are a few aspects of the pcb that I am not very proud of:

-the relay is not completely flush to the board
-the zeners and 5W resistors should be lifted off the board

The Freebird pcb and power supply are acid etched boards made by Russ White. The large caps installed overtop of the OPA627 op-amps is a power supply bypass that I added in after reading through an op-amp thread on this forum. They made absolutely no difference to the sound in my opinion. The power supply has 7815 and 7915 regulators installed, and comes with an Amveco 62032 7VA transformer.

The brownish stuff you see on the back of the pcbs is residue from a "no-clean" flux. I ran out of board wash so I could not wash it off after soldering the boards. Some rubbing alcohol (isopropyl) should do a good job at cleaing it off. It is no-clean so it will not harm the boards if it is left on.

Also included is a 10K Alps Blue Velvet potentiometer and 6 new RCA connectors. I can also throw in a couple power switches and fuse holders if anyone wants.

To summarize, you get nearly everything you need to make a real nice little amp/preamp combo:

-Fully Stuffed Rev.A pcb + transformer
-Fully stuffed Freebird pcb + power supply + transformer
-Alps "blue velvet" 10K pot
-6 RCA connectors
-2 power switches
-2 fuse holders

I would like to sell it as a complete package, but if no one is interested in buying everything, then I will have to split it up into parts. I am asking $175CAD for everything shipped to anywhere in Canada or the US. All offers will be considered. Payment through Paypal, email to rtowsley@shaw.ca

Pictures: (high resolution photos available upon request)
Rev.A pcb top view
Rev.A pcb bottom view
Rev.A 48VCT torroidal transformer
Freebird + power supply pcb top view
Freebird + power supply pcb bottom view
potentiometer back
potentiometer front
RCA connectorsAmveco 7VA transformer

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.