• These commercial threads are for private transactions. diyAudio.com provides these forums for the convenience of our members, but makes no warranty nor assumes any responsibility. We do not vet any members, use of this facility is at your own risk. Customers can post any issues in those threads as long as it is done in a civil manner. All diyAudio rules about conduct apply and will be enforced.

WTD polygon mirror scanner motors

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
I have a couple, but I'm not ready to part with them yet, sorry.

I picked up a couple of dead laser printers from freecycle, and found that the laser heads were working fine. You might try that, or craigs list. I bought one unit from eBay, a very high quality Copal scanner, weighs more than a pound.

VCR drum motors are very similar, and you can often salvage the electronics as well. But of course you have to find a way to mount mirrors, if you're going to use it for scanning. I've successfully made one of these motors work, but didn't mount mirrors on it yet.

Neil

It is the complete scanner motor unit (not the entire laser unit)

No im not gonna use then for scanning, i want them because they run at high speed and beeing bldc, i already have a vcr drum but the sound from that is nothing like those high speed poly scanners heard in most printers.

A vcr drum just growls like a car engine in comparison, alteast mine do, tho i have had it to 6000+ rpm it doesent have the right sound, it screams like a metal grinder or something due to a accedently 15v 1.8A discharge over the bearings nearly welded them.

About salvaging i don´t have the opportunity where i live, that why i put up a wanted sticker here, i did the same thing on a swedish forum but that only got me one single unit, a low speed thing, tho it still has the right sound, but i want more so i can run many of them together.

Yes i am a geek when it comes to high speed bldc motors and sound.

Actually it was a polyscanner that started my bldc interest 6-7 years ago when i junked a brother hl630, i never for the thing to spin but frying it made so i just have to get a bunch of them, just to run on the table.

Ex-Moderator
Joined 2002
Is this what you're after?

What you got for swaps? :)

Attachments

• dscf0020.jpg
    dscf0020.jpg
    46.5 KB · Views: 119
Ex-Moderator
Joined 2002
Well, it came from an Epsom laser printer, I can't remember what, I dismantled it for parts a couple of years ago.

There is a better pic below, and the only info that you can't read is the chip, which is a HA13480.

What have you got in your scrapbox?

Attachments

• dscf0022.jpg
    dscf0022.jpg
    70.1 KB · Views: 109
If my account still works... I have gotten mails for months about my paypal beeing suspended, but it have still worked last time i was doing business on ebay.

Seems to be online still. Just tell be how mutch shipping postage and packing costs and i´ll paypal it right over.

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.