• These commercial threads are for private transactions. diyAudio.com provides these forums for the convenience of our members, but makes no warranty nor assumes any responsibility. We do not vet any members, use of this facility is at your own risk. Customers can post any issues in those threads as long as it is done in a civil manner. All diyAudio rules about conduct apply and will be enforced.

UK: ATC Dome Mid's SM75-150 & Scan R29 Ring Radiator

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
diyAudio Member
Joined 2004
Almost legendary midrange drivers and certainly have a magic all of their own. In my mind the very best midrange on the planet without a doubt. If your looking for outright realism and believability then look no further.

These have never been used! Selling due zero time and too many other projects.

Model No: SM75-150

Specs here:
http://www.atc.gb.net/drive_units/studio_bass/driver_specifications_sb.xl.zip

Usual price direct from ATC: £280

Wanting £150 each.

5 drivers in total.

Also for sale is a single Scan Speak R2904-7000 Ring Radiator tweeter. Mint condition and again never used.

http://www.tymphany.com/datasheet/printview.php?id=69

Usual price around £235 wanting £100

An externally hosted image should be here but it was not working when we last tested it.

An externally hosted image should be here but it was not working when we last tested it.

Collection welcomed from Chesterfield, Derbyshire. Alternatively can post. Will accept paypal, cheque, cash on collection, Postal Order or bank transfer.

diyAudio Member
Joined 2004
tg3 said:

Is that $150 ship for a pair, or single unit?

That's for a pair. But I'd have to look more closely into it. I just threw that figure up after someone emailed me suggesting it would be something like that via UPS/Fedex.

Eitherway these are very heavy drivers at around 7.5kg each and that means around 16Kg with packaging, hence the high postage costs.

diyAudio Member
Joined 2004
BlackCatSound said:
How much better are 150S versions? :)

How much to ship them down sarf? (ideally not via royal mail)

They sound very simlar to me at reasonable listening levels and I've said this previously.

But the super has a large advantage when you really push the system since its 3dB more sensitive and has lower distortion. I'd say the super is *maybe* more detailed and dynamic but I've never done a direct AB comparison.

All in all I'd say its difficult to tell the difference unless you like listening very louid.

Postage, for a pair, is around £15 inc insurance.

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.