• These commercial threads are for private transactions. diyAudio.com provides these forums for the convenience of our members, but makes no warranty nor assumes any responsibility. We do not vet any members, use of this facility is at your own risk. Customers can post any issues in those threads as long as it is done in a civil manner. All diyAudio rules about conduct apply and will be enforced.

Drivers for sale in SYDNEY

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Hi, I thought I might post these here first. I need to sell a good number of DIY bits and pieces... Drivers are located in Sydney Australia. I *think* the prices are fair, but if not please let me know why not if/when you make a lower offer... :) (Folks in the US please remember that Aussies often get a pretty big hit on shipping when buying from overseas and that these prices have that cost factored in...)

I'm happy to ship overseas but this is only likely to be worthwhile for lighter items.
I'm located in the Northern Beaches of Sydney if you are interested in pickup and/or inspection. All prices are in Australian dollars. OK, here goes...

* Newform Research R15 ribbon tweeters. Never built into a speaker. This is a 15" ribbon driver, about 86 dB/W/m, I will dig up the specs on request. Would make a nice compact full-range speaker if paired with the Adire Extremis. A$200 for the pair (originally US$460, I believe), a bargain.

* Bohlender-Graebener Neo 8 drivers. Lightly used in prototypes, never soldered. A$200 for a set of four, total 8 available.

* Lambda Acoustics TD15M. This one hurts. Never used, great 98 dB/W/m 15" driver with response up to 4k, asking A$600 for the pair. Specs on request.

* Tangband W3-393s 3" full-range driver, A$50 for a set of four.

* Tangband W3-881s 3" full-range driver, one unused pair and one used pair, A$35 for all four.

* Aurasound 1" drivers, see Madisound catalog for info, never used, A$25 pair.

* Aurasound 3" drivers, see Madisound catalog for info, never used, A$50 pair. (Madisound shows a black cone, these have a silver one.)

* Vifa 4 1/5" drivers, I will dig up the specs on these but they are a paper cone driver with response up to several kHz and will produce bass to 50 Hz in a reasonably small ported box. Never used, A$200 for a box of 20, great for a short line array for home theater (that was the plan, anyway...). WILL NOT SHIP this one, pickup only.

Whew. I'll look around tomorrow and see if there's anything else. Thanks :)

JohnR

Hi,

I am very much interested in purchasing either of the Tangbands, however I was unable to find datasheets. I am hoping you have the data and perhaps a picture of the driver. These would go well in some full-range.

P.S. I couldn't email you as it wouldn't allow me in the profile. Thanks!

Hi, I have all the messaging options turned on so I don't know what's up with that! Never mind, I will try sending you a message in a second. Here's the data on the first set of Tangbands:

http://www.partsexpress.com/pe/pshowdetl.cfm?&DID=7&Partnumber=264-809

I apologize, I wrote W3-393S, it should be W3-593S. Here is some data for the second set. PE now show it as a W3-881SD instead of a W3-881S, but it's the same part number?

http://www.partsexpress.com/pe/showdetl.cfm?&DID=7&Partnumber=264-812

Hope this helps :)

JohnR

Thanks Cal :)

Vifas are spoken for!

Some interest in Neo8s in pairs. If you would like just a pair for A$100, no worries. That's about US$75, new price at Parts Express is US$62.68 each. Estimated postage (for a pair): Australia A$6.20 to A$10.75, Asia A$19.50, North America A$23.50, Europe A$28.00. Insurance add A$7.50.

You can convert currencies here: http://www.xe.com/ucc/

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.