• These commercial threads are for private transactions. diyAudio.com provides these forums for the convenience of our members, but makes no warranty nor assumes any responsibility. We do not vet any members, use of this facility is at your own risk. Customers can post any issues in those threads as long as it is done in a civil manner. All diyAudio rules about conduct apply and will be enforced.

For sale: 2 x Zappulse 2.2SE Modules

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Hi, I have built an amplifier with two of these modules.

The amp sounds great, but I doubt I will complete the speakers to use it one....

I am happy to keep the case and power supply etc however in consideration that I built the amp to be as small as possible I couldnt use it for anything else.

Case made from 6mm aluminium and is ~ 13*15*20cm in size.

Power supply has 500w 50-0-50 toroid (240vac input) and each module has 2 x 75v 10,000uF SPrauge 95 degree C capacitors with screw type terminals. Each amp has its own 35 amp bridge rectifier.

Gold plated terminals in and out. Inputs can be balanced or rca and I have also wired up a single rca for bridged input.

A few finishing touches are required to complete the case - the toroid needs to be fastened and a few screws tapped into the lid, thats all.

So, any offers?

I willcover the freight cost to celiver anywhere in the world the modules for US$25 or the whole working amp for US$50

There is no way the amp could be any smaller, everything just fits and would look very nice when finished. I guess I should take some photo's....

Cheers, Graeme

PHOTOS and revised size - smaller!!!!

See the photos next to a sd beer bottle. Actual measurements are as follows:

8.25" long x 6" wide x 5" high

= 205mm x 155mm x 130mm

No hum issues however there is some small amount of noise which I expect is from the power supply.

Three things to improve this that I was going to do was put a steel plate between the toroid and the amps and put small caps over eac of the diodes on each of the bridges. The third thing was to replace the bridge with high speed diodes.

At the end of the day, the noise is minmal and the amp sounds great and has to all intents and purposes endess amounts of power. certainly I could never use it all, and that is into 8 ohms.....

Basically I put it tgether as small as I possibly could, had the 6mm plate cnc cut and then put it all together will literally mm to spare everywhere. Actually, after I had the plates cut I had forgotten how I had designed the orientation....took me a while to work out how to fit it in. But, there is method behind he madness, for example the caps are very close to the mdules and each module is on opposite sidesof the box, alowing for big heatsinks if you need them.

There is some room around the toroid for additional options like speaker protection if you want it., spots for on LED's and a switch for muting.

The unit is fused and I think there is an input filter.... Anyway, I really lke the design if I can say so ;-) and it takes aq std ac plug like a PC.

Attachments

• picture 081.jpg
    picture 081.jpg
    40.8 KB · Views: 160
Case

I had the case parts machined on a CNC Router and the material is Marine grade Aluminium. 6mm (0.25") thick on all panels except the panel with the terminals - that is 3mm, otherwise all the connectors wouldnt fit.

It is unfortunately then last time I can get it done cost effectively, since my brother who organised it has left the employment of the shipbuilding firm he was working for....hence the marine grade alloy.

It is solid!

Cheers

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.