• These commercial threads are for private transactions. diyAudio.com provides these forums for the convenience of our members, but makes no warranty nor assumes any responsibility. We do not vet any members, use of this facility is at your own risk. Customers can post any issues in those threads as long as it is done in a civil manner. All diyAudio rules about conduct apply and will be enforced.

46" RPTV Free for Pickup in Charlotte NC

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
I recently replaced my old 46" Zenith RPTV manufactured in 1990 with a new HD set. The reason I made the jump is that it has problems with the picture on the right side, as shown in the picture below.

http://www.tshouston.net/audio/tv problems/pattern1.jpg

This is not a convergence issue directly, as if you tap on the adjustment board, it goes away, sometimes for weeks, other times just for a few minutes. I suspect a bad cap or similar, but I am not (nor do I recommend) fixing it without professional help.

This TV is free for pick-up in Charlotte, NC. I can help load it, but I'd recommend bringing a friend, as I would estimate it to be 300+ pounds.

The vinyl wood covering on the outside is pretty beat-up, but it would be OK in a sports room or similar. If you figure out how to fix the picture problem permanently, it would be great in the family room.

As it is a 1990 model, it doesn't even have S-Video or any other tings that are commonplace today, but it still looks good with DVD's etc.

Post here or let me know if you are interested. I plan on disposing of it in 1 week if I can't find a home for it, as it is pretty big to just have sitting around.

Sandy.

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.