• These commercial threads are for private transactions. diyAudio.com provides these forums for the convenience of our members, but makes no warranty nor assumes any responsibility. We do not vet any members, use of this facility is at your own risk. Customers can post any issues in those threads as long as it is done in a civil manner. All diyAudio rules about conduct apply and will be enforced.

UK: AKSA 55N+ & custom dual mono PSU's AWESOME.

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
diyAudio Member
Joined 2004
I have for sale a pair of fully constructed AKSA 55N+ with 2 x BMM R2010R1 PSU's and a 4U rackmount case.

This configuration sounds like a dream, wonderfully musical and completely transparent. I'm betting there are very few commercial amps that can touch this. A true giant amongst DIY designs.

Included is:

2 x AKSA 55 Nirvana Plus (fully constructed & tested)

http://www.aksaonline.com/products/products_aksa55.html

2 x Highend, lowripple, low ESR PSU's from BMM Electronics (these are about as good as it gets aside from fully regulated PSU's)

http://www.bmm-electronics.com/Product.asp?Product_ID=3310

4U Rackmount case with loads of room for 2 x torroidals both PSU's and the heatsinks.

Note that the PSU's and amplifier modules/heatsink need mounting inside the enclosure but the amplifiers are fully built and work perfectly.

I'll even offer you your money back if your not happy with the sound of this stunning amp.

Cost to buy was £600! Asking £300 for everything - a bargain.

Charging the batteries on the camera so will post pics shortly.

diyAudio Member
Joined 2004
Re: oh...so tempting...!

Cobra2 said:
what is your excuse for selling?

Arne k

Indecision is the reason for selling :D

Actually they're not for sale just yet as I don't want to be making a mistake.

Thing is I've heard the new UcD700AD and it sounded very good, unfortunately it was for a brief period, wasn't in my own system or room and the comparison was done at a level that probably disadvantaged the little 55w AKSA compared to a 400w+ design.

I've got the opportunity to listen in my own room with my system so I'll have a much better idea of what direction I'm wanting to take. If the UcD700AD suits me more than the AKAS then it will be back up for sale, if not I'll be keeping and buying a few more to tri-amp with.

Because of the costs involved I need to be sure.

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.