• These commercial threads are for private transactions. diyAudio.com provides these forums for the convenience of our members, but makes no warranty nor assumes any responsibility. We do not vet any members, use of this facility is at your own risk. Customers can post any issues in those threads as long as it is done in a civil manner. All diyAudio rules about conduct apply and will be enforced.

BenQ AV converter box for sale

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
OK it's not quite LCD but it is very related to them.

I have this BenQ AV box here that allows you to hook ANYTHING up to a lcd monitor or a regular crt monitor.

I paid $199.99 for it but only used it for about 10 hours and have since sold my lcd.

I am willing to take $150.00 CDN OBO + shipping of course.

Anyone interested please shoot me an email,
Gordon

Attachments

• benq av box.jpg
    benq av box.jpg
    61.2 KB · Views: 198
well, we are, but i think some of us don't realize the price difference reasons.

( you can buy them for as low as 40 or 60, but as you emailed me before, you said that there are quality differences?)

can you be more specific why this one is so much better?

i thought the price differences were only cause of number of inputs. (the cheap ones seem to just have one kind of input, like component. the expensive ones have numerous kinds then the out to vga?

Ok thats easy to explain...

The cheaper boxes only go up to 800x600 res which is ok.... however the more expensive ones like this one can go up to SXGA res ie. 1080i high def picture!

I hope this helps a bit. I'm not trying to scam anyone here, just passing along a deal that I don't have a use for anymore.

Gordon

ahhh, i see.

man, why would they even build video to vga convertors that don't go to 1024 which is the native resolution for most lcd's?

that makes no sense.

that's like building cheaper cars with square wheels, just to make an excuse to sell cars with round wheels for more money?

doesn't make any freaking sense.

are you sure that's why some transoders cost more?

i am positive!

The $80 one i had originally only went to 800x600 res and no larger.

specs in the manual are as follows:

Support System <> 1024x768 (PC signal depends on PC settings)
Signal input <> S-video, composite, PC VGA (D-sub), Audio
Signal output PC VGA (D-sub), Audio
MTS compliant <> Yes
Features <> Progressive Scan, Auto channel scan, Channel memory, supports up to 125 channels, picture adjust with OSD

As far as I'm concerned, this is the cheaper way to go over tying up another PC to run your projector.

JMHO

Gordon

thanks for letting me know.

if for some reason you don't sell it by next week. i'm seriously considering it. (but don't wait to ship them together if i buy the transcoder, i'd still like to start the lcd project first)

i'll check with you next week if you sold it.

thanks,

rick (snortonnorton)

i would like it but i need a tv tuner.

(i want to put a spare lcd in my bathroom for not missing sports and stuff.)

does this have a tv tuner in it so i can just plug coaxle cable into it. or do you know a cheap way i could put tv channels on my lcd monitor without a computer? ( i dont have a cable box, just tv that has cable into it)

i think you 100 dollars is a good deal for it, but how could i display cable tv on my lcd without tv tuner?

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.