Old drivers, free or swap - Page 2 - diyAudio
Go Back   Home > Forums > Commercial Sector > Swap Meet

Swap Meet Sell your stuff here, who knows, some other fanatic might be interested!

Please consider donating to help us continue to serve you.

Ads on/off / Custom Title / More PMs / More album space / Advanced printing & mass image saving

Old 16th January 2006, 04:22 PM   #11
Puggie is offline Puggie  United Kingdom
diyAudio Member

Pinkmouse, If you ever drive round the southwest side of the M25 I'm in Guildford (about 5m from Jcn10).

Swap them for a pint!
Old 20th January 2006, 08:53 PM   #12
diyAudio Moderator

So far Puggie's winning on the promise of a pint. Any more offers?
Rick: Oh Cliff / Sometimes it must be difficult not to feel as if / You really are a cliff / when fascists keep trying to push you over it! / Are they the lemmings / Or are you, Cliff? / Or are you Cliff?
Old 31st January 2006, 11:30 PM   #13
diyAudio Member

Hey Al,

If you start giving away 15's or 18's give me a shout

Rob.
Old 31st January 2006, 11:31 PM   #14
diyAudio Moderator

Hey Rob, I'll swap the two Kefs for a couple of your Labhorns!
Rick: Oh Cliff / Sometimes it must be difficult not to feel as if / You really are a cliff / when fascists keep trying to push you over it! / Are they the lemmings / Or are you, Cliff? / Or are you Cliff?
Old 31st January 2006, 11:38 PM   #15
diyAudio Member

Hey Al you're the one giving stuff away here

Am actually looking for a cheapy pro 15 or 18 for my garage - want to build a 'fullish' range ( 80 - 20000) 3-way horn just so I can hear it. Can't fit it in the house so will have to listen in garage (in mono!). No way I'm dragging the labs about to do the subs. . Am considering doing a cheap aftermarket recone on my jbl 2226 but have only read bad things on them. what d'ya think ?

Rob.
Old 31st January 2006, 11:47 PM   #16
diyAudio Moderator

Depends on how much you're going to push it. The aftermarket kits usually have weaker spiders, and the voice coils don't tend to be as robust. If it's only ever going to tick over, then you should be fine, but if you wanted to gig it, then I'd recommend against it. Have you spoken to Wembley Loudspeakers? They tend to be the best for recone kits.
Old 31st January 2006, 11:57 PM   #17
diyAudio Member

Cheers Al I'll send them a mail. Was looking at pro audio parts for 60 plus postage.

I'd probably push a single 15 pretty hard to be honest - you should see my tempests move even though they're low passed at 30Hz / 24dB oct

Rob.
Old 2nd February 2006, 07:31 PM   #18
Bull is offline Bull  United Kingdom
diyAudio Member

Default Re: Old drivers

Quote:
Originally posted by pinkmouse
Ok guys, I've been having a clearout, and I found I have far too many mid and midbass drivers around than I will ever use.

So these old, but fully working drivers are up for grabs. I would like to swap them for tweeters, not particularly fussed what, but if I get no offers then all I want is the price of postage. I really need to make some room, and if it helps someone get started with speaker construction, so much the better!

Ok, I have a pair of as new KEF TS1084s, 6" mid bass drivers with the triangular fronts, and a pair of Fostex 4" mid drivers, very nice sounding, sensitive, paper cones, but with a resonance frequency of around 120Hz they will only work in a three way. I don't know the model, as they came out of an old Dynacord PA speaker, but I like them a lot, and will be using the other pair I have in a project soon.

Offers?
I'll have both pairs of drivers off you [the 6 inch and the 4 inch pairs].

I'm in London[Kingsbury] but don't have any transport at the moment. So how much will postage be?

I can swap them for the crossover parts as thats all I got at the moment.

Mostly large iron cored inductors and 250v, 156J polyproplene yellow caps. And a few brand new 20w, 8 ohm white ceramic wirewound resistors.
Old 2nd February 2006, 10:03 PM   #19
diyAudio Moderator

If you can hang on a bit, I should be up in town in about 10 days or so, or I can put them in the post, probably be about a tenner or so.
Old 2nd February 2006, 10:15 PM   #20
Bull is offline Bull  United Kingdom
diyAudio Member

Can you find out please the exact amount for the p&p. I definatly want these 4 drivers.

I'll be sending a postal order as its safer to send than cash.

Thanks.

Hide this!Advertise here!