• These commercial threads are for private transactions. diyAudio.com provides these forums for the convenience of our members, but makes no warranty nor assumes any responsibility. We do not vet any members, use of this facility is at your own risk. Customers can post any issues in those threads as long as it is done in a civil manner. All diyAudio rules about conduct apply and will be enforced.

Old drivers, free or swap

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Ex-Moderator
Joined 2002
Old drivers

Ok guys, I've been having a clearout, and I found I have far too many mid and midbass drivers around than I will ever use.

So these old, but fully working drivers are up for grabs. I would like to swap them for tweeters, not particularly fussed what, but if I get no offers then all I want is the price of postage. I really need to make some room, and if it helps someone get started with speaker construction, so much the better!

Ok, I have a pair of as new KEF TS1084s, 6" mid bass drivers with the triangular fronts, and a pair of Fostex 4" mid drivers, very nice sounding, sensitive, paper cones, but with a resonance frequency of around 120Hz they will only work in a three way. I don't know the model, as they came out of an old Dynacord PA speaker, but I like them a lot, and will be using the other pair I have in a project soon.

Offers?

Whats the cost of shipping in the UK roughly, actually, more important, rough estimates of weight?

Royal Mail offer these prices

1kg £3.60
1.5kg £4.63
2kg £4.97
4kg £7.20
6kg £8.17
8kg £9.32
10kg £10.00
20kg £11.65

I'd be quite happy to take them off your hands, probably the KEF's.
Upto you.

Sorry to say pinkmouse, but i've just spent my last few drops of cash on audio gear, so i'm unfortunately going to pass. Thanks for the kind offer. :)

To UKer's: Take pinkmouse up on the offer! Don't let it pass...free stuff! :)

OT: Whew! Just had a maths exam today. Never again do I want to see the words 'simplify the binomial expansion of'... :xeye: (Although that actually isn't too bad!)

Hey Al you're the one giving stuff away here:)

Am actually looking for a cheapy pro 15 or 18 for my garage - want to build a 'fullish' range ( 80 - 20000) 3-way horn just so I can hear it. Can't fit it in the house so will have to listen in garage (in mono!). No way I'm dragging the labs about to do the subs.:D . Am considering doing a cheap aftermarket recone on my jbl 2226 but have only read bad things on them. what d'ya think ?

Rob.

Re: Old drivers

pinkmouse said:
Ok guys, I've been having a clearout, and I found I have far too many mid and midbass drivers around than I will ever use.

So these old, but fully working drivers are up for grabs. I would like to swap them for tweeters, not particularly fussed what, but if I get no offers then all I want is the price of postage. I really need to make some room, and if it helps someone get started with speaker construction, so much the better!

Ok, I have a pair of as new KEF TS1084s, 6" mid bass drivers with the triangular fronts, and a pair of Fostex 4" mid drivers, very nice sounding, sensitive, paper cones, but with a resonance frequency of around 120Hz they will only work in a three way. I don't know the model, as they came out of an old Dynacord PA speaker, but I like them a lot, and will be using the other pair I have in a project soon.

Offers?

I'll have both pairs of drivers off you [the 6 inch and the 4 inch pairs].

I'm in London[Kingsbury] but don't have any transport at the moment. So how much will postage be?

I can swap them for the crossover parts as thats all I got at the moment.

Mostly large iron cored inductors and 250v, 156J polyproplene yellow caps. And a few brand new 20w, 8 ohm white ceramic wirewound resistors.

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.