• These commercial threads are for private transactions. diyAudio.com provides these forums for the convenience of our members, but makes no warranty nor assumes any responsibility. We do not vet any members, use of this facility is at your own risk. Customers can post any issues in those threads as long as it is done in a civil manner. All diyAudio rules about conduct apply and will be enforced.

Consonance Basie Tube Preamp - Lots of UPGRADES

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Consonance Basie Tube Preamp - Lots of UPGRADES

New price $840 Price: $650 OBO

This pre sounds great and is silent on 97dB speakers. I have changed to a TVC because I do not need any gain. There is a minor ding that is on the bottom right corner of the faceplate, but is hardly noticeable from frontal viewing and it was there prior to my carefull assembly of the circuits. I have had plenty of experience with circuit building and you can see the layout in the pictures. I have upgraded all of the major components, including a great volume attenuator(Goldpoint), output caps, power caps, wiring, and resistors. If you were to purchase the Basie with these upgrades and assembled the cost would be around $840. Generic rectifier and slyvania 12au7s included, but I have the ultimate upgrade tubes:philips Miniwatt GZ32 and NOS Philips E80CCs that can be included-negotiable.

UPGRADES:
50K Goldpoint Series Volume Attenuator (Vishay-Dale res RN-60D)
Auricap output coupling caps
ICW Clarity power caps
CCC wiring
Kiwame resistors in signal path

Specifications:

· Control functions: Volume, Select, Power On/Off
· Frequency response: 1-150Khz (-1dB)
· THD (for 2 RMS at output): 0.08% (70-7Khz 4:1)
· Signal to noise: 85dB
· Input impedance: 50K
· Gain at 1 Khz: 20db
· Dimension (mm): 430(L)x236(W)x119(H)
· Shipping Weight: 10Kg
· Tubes: 5Z4Px1(GZ32), 3xECC82(12AU7)

Please check the link for pictures:
http://mindgap.freeprohost.com/basie.htm

Located in Michigan, 480105. Please contact me for actual shipping cost. Paypal add 3%.

Thank you.

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.