• These commercial threads are for private transactions. diyAudio.com provides these forums for the convenience of our members, but makes no warranty nor assumes any responsibility. We do not vet any members, use of this facility is at your own risk. Customers can post any issues in those threads as long as it is done in a civil manner. All diyAudio rules about conduct apply and will be enforced.

Wanted.60V toroidal transformer

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
HI
I'm looking for one or two toroidal transformer . 117V primary and 60-0,60-0 dual secondaries.
I need 160VA or if some one has 120VA or les I would be intrested on two pices .
Please if you know for good price good quallity transformer let me know .
I want to use these for Aleph 1.7 preamp.
Thanks

You need 160 watts for a PRE AMP? :bigeyes:

These are overkill for your preamp but I dunno what you are doing so 'll post their availability Justin Case.

I have some NIB 600 VA toroids that have pri-sec shielding and are 60V, 60V with two 120 volt primaries to allow 240 volt operation as well as 120 volt. One of these will cost you $100 CDN. Contact me by PM if interested. Not far to fetch. 1-1/4 hr's drive NW of Toronto.

Slight Correction

I wandered out to the warehouse last night and had a look at these toroids. My memory was a bit off but. I was close. I'd forgotten to mention an additional output winding. I was mistaken in that both secondary windings are center tapped. Here are the actual specs.

600 VA
120 Volt @ 3 amp primary
120 volt @ 3 amp primary
--------shield----------
56.5 - 0 - 56.5 volt (113 volt C.T.) @ 5 amp secondary
98 - 0 - 98 volt (196 volt C.T.) @ 100 mA secondary

3" thick X 5" diameter

I bought a few of these to use as power transformers for experimental development of PSET and OTL audio amps employing many 6080 dual triodes. I was going to use the 113 volt, 5 amp secondary as the mains primary winding and the two 120 volt primary windings as B+ in the case of the PSET and B+ and minus HV supplies for the OTL amp.

As stated I am willing to part with one unit for the quoted price. No shipping. Pickup only.

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.