• These commercial threads are for private transactions. diyAudio.com provides these forums for the convenience of our members, but makes no warranty nor assumes any responsibility. We do not vet any members, use of this facility is at your own risk. Customers can post any issues in those threads as long as it is done in a civil manner. All diyAudio rules about conduct apply and will be enforced.

(AUS) FS:All gear needed for a DIY projector: 15" LCD, Metal halide lamp, ballast etc

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
(AUS) FS:All gear needed for a DIY projector: 15" LCD, Metal halide lamp, ballast etc

I got all the parts for this project (a DIY projector) before i left on holiday, but after a month away, and coming back feeling lazy + having some spare cash I have decided to spend out the $$ and go with a more costly/more expensive to run, and probably lower quality commercial projector. reason: im lazy + it looks neater and i can ceiling mount it easier.

Things for sale:
15" LCD monitor:
64_1_b.JPG

Hercules Prophetview 720 LCD monitor

I got this monitor because it is easy to take apart for DIY projector use, has a great review, has 0 dead/bright pixels, and can flip vertically if I decided to keep it as a monitor.

Reserve - $150 Instant - $165

1022b 240V S400DD Light Kit
An externally hosted image should be here but it was not working when we last tested it.

* Kit Includes: 1 x 400w S400DD Metal Halide Lamp (Lasts 20,000 hrs! and less than $100 to replace)
* 1 x (1006) 400w 120V Electronic Ballast
* 1 x (1008) Mogul Base

This cost me $274 to get from the US as postage is steep. Its a really good quality ballast and lamp and I put many many hrs of research into choosing the best lamp etc to provide the best quality of light (temp and brightness)
The mogul base is now wired upto the ballast so all the work is done there.
Has been used for about 1hr to make sure its all working fine and run light tests.

Reserve - $200 Instant - $220 (post - $12 opposed to $54)

OHP
Had a halogen lamp set up in it which I have taken out. has a large fan at the back of it to keep the inside nice and cool. It set me back about $140 after postage. I also have some UV/IR blocking A4 sheets to protect the LCD from the bright light.

Will only sell if the above 2 sell as well.
Reserve: $30pp ($30 instant if it goes with the other items)

If someone wants the lamp+ballast and mogul but not the OHP, and the take them at instants, ill put half towards the postage if its to an aussie addy.

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.