• These commercial threads are for private transactions. diyAudio.com provides these forums for the convenience of our members, but makes no warranty nor assumes any responsibility. We do not vet any members, use of this facility is at your own risk. Customers can post any issues in those threads as long as it is done in a civil manner. All diyAudio rules about conduct apply and will be enforced.

Fs: Assemblage Dac 2.6 Kit

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
FS: Assemblage DAC 2.6 kit, includes chassis, PCB, Crystal CS8414 digital input receiver, Burr Brown DF1704 digital filter, 1 Burr Brown PCM1704 d/a converter (second one needed), some Wima caps (will need a few more), complete schematic and parts list. You will need to add some components, all available through DigiKey or Partsconnexion. You should be able to solder both SMT and through hole components to complete this project. I recently sold one of these to someone in Montreal, who put it together without any difficulty and says it sound great. I had planned on building this myself, but never found the time.

$300US/$350CDN FIRM plus shipping, prefer US or Canadian buyer, prefer payment by postal money order.

Attachments

• dac2-6.jpg
    dac2-6.jpg
    72.6 KB · Views: 567
I don't have an exact figure. I'd say another $100 based on the parts list if you don't use fancy audiophile parts in the output section, more if you do. The standard kit came with plain jane parts, then there was a "signature upgrade kit" which used fancy caps and resistors. I don't think there is much, if any, difference in sound (I've done the signature upgrade to an earlier dac). Almost all of the parts can be ordered from DigiKey for the standard level parts.

Cheers,
Ron

You should probably have a simple temp. controlled soldering iron, with a very fine tip to do the SMT work. Normally the kit came with the board almost completely finished with all of the parts mounted. What I have, as you can see in the picture, is a blank board, you will have to solder all of the parts on. That said, I recently completed my first SMT board ever, and it was a piece of cake. I didn't even have to use solder, only some flux, as there was enough solder on the board from the tinning process (what makes the board silver). If you're careful and work slowely, I don't think you'll have any trouble. BUT I make no warrenties or guarantees. It sounds like you probably have enough experience if you're patient. There are quite a bit of normal through hole parts to mount which will be no problem for you since you've already done that.

I've used a Weller WTCTP for almost 10 years with no complaints. Look around for sales, I see them on sale quite often. You change the tip for different temperatures, not as fancy as some but very good quality. You'll need a couple of tips, on very fine for the surface mount stuff, and another for the regular stuff.

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.