• These commercial threads are for private transactions. diyAudio.com provides these forums for the convenience of our members, but makes no warranty nor assumes any responsibility. We do not vet any members, use of this facility is at your own risk. Customers can post any issues in those threads as long as it is done in a civil manner. All diyAudio rules about conduct apply and will be enforced.

Heatsinks for trade

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Anyone who has seen my 'black gold' post will know what this is all about.

here

I have had absolutely no time to deal with this but I'm gonna throw it out there anyway. There are 3 types of heat sinks that I have. They are as follows. (I simply gave them a number since I don't know what to call them:clown: ) All stated measurements are with the fins vertical. Sorry about all the dust in the pics..

In the attached pic I scanned the profiles with a ruler.

*** Type 1- I have 12 or so***
-needed to be chopped on my tablesaw, straight but burred cut, you clean it up.
-8"W X 6 3/4"H X 1 5/8"D
-small nics on some..some almost perfect... a couple are slightly purpled.
- several small threaded holes on baseplate

*** Type 2 - I have 10 or so***
- I need to strip them from a protective enclosure, they should be pretty perfect.
- 6 1/2"W X 14 3/4"H X 1 9/16" D
- Nice 45 deg. cut on top of profile
- I don't know if this will fit in a usps flat rate box!!

*** Type 3 - I have 10 or so***
-same profile as type 2 except it is 8 5/8" High
- should also be close to perfect condition

I have a bunch of pics to post so I'd appreciate it if I could finish up before a post cuts into them.

I am interested in toroids, useful PCB's (pre amp/pwr amp etc), I am looking for an active Xover, and ...dunno, Let me know what your willing to trade. I have to keep it US for simplicity and because of the obvious weight..sorry.

Let me know,
Marc

Attachments

• scan copy.jpg
    scan copy.jpg
    28.3 KB · Views: 686
I'm intrested on tipe 2 or tipe 3. I would like to know how much you want for each or how much if I buy all ten. Please let me know , I could use them for my amplifier projects .

Quoting myself:
I am interested in toroids, useful PCB's (pre amp/pwr amp etc), I am looking for an active Xover, and ...dunno, Let me know what your willing to trade. I have to keep it US for simplicity and because of the obvious weight..sorry.

I am not selling them. I can take no money for them..it's a long story. I'm keeping the shipping restricted to US flat rate packages. I have so little time I've got to keep it simple, or not at all. sorry

Marc

Hi folks,
I've had quite a few inquiries and I must apologise for my slow/indefinite responses. Due to the time of year I'm swamped at home and for some reason my workload at the job is probably four-fold. This holiday is gonna have to pass before I get active on this. If your interested please put heatsink in the subject line of the email so it gets dumped in the right place. Also If you could detail what you are interested in that would help a lot so there are less emails bouncing back and forth! When I have the time I'll tackle it hard in the order I get the inquiries. In the meantime I've been finding a few more!:cool:

Thanks a lot for your patience,
Marc

Just want you to know that I have NOT forgotten or dropped this. I'm still using the old ' I haven't the time right now excuse'. In the mean time please feel free to drop me a note. Some of the sinks need to be cut and the others need to be stripped from thier homes. Not to mention I have to figure the best way to ship 'em. I promise I will get to it...soon.

I have a few that will be for sale coming up too..

Regards,
Marc

Anyone have a 15" sub driver willing to trade? I'm looking for something along the lines of a AV15 or Titanic or....?

Maybe a couple of 12's?

If you have something along those lines your not using and you need some heatsinks, lemme know. Maybe we can work something out...

Marc

Hum...no one?

OK, hows this:

I'd be willing to trade some heatsinks for a set of Apogees or maybe a Boulder power amp if you twisted my arm:)

Seriosly, I have plenty left and being the junk collector I am....well...you know.

I will say what projects I intend to complete in the next 40 years or so and maybe you may have something to contribute for a trade.:D

1) a center channel to complement Tannoy 12's (or the Apogees>see above<;) )

2) rears to complement same

3) a subwoofer

4) a 3 chanl 3875 chip amp (don't need toroids or chips or caps - is there more?)

5) whatever else that you can think of:clown:

I am more than fair as others have seen...make me an offer! (I have a hard time saying NO)

I'll give it a little while. If none go I'll put 'em up for sale reasonably with a promise to cut DIYAUDIO in on the proceeds.

Marc

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.