• These commercial threads are for private transactions. diyAudio.com provides these forums for the convenience of our members, but makes no warranty nor assumes any responsibility. We do not vet any members, use of this facility is at your own risk. Customers can post any issues in those threads as long as it is done in a civil manner. All diyAudio rules about conduct apply and will be enforced.

FS 2@ 15" JBL Alnico speakers

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
I traded these for some speakers I wasn't using and haven't used these either, so $70 for the pair plus shipping.

If you don't know, the D130F was designed for guitar and the D140F for bass. These are 15" speakers with heavy frames, vented pole pieces and Alnico magnets. The frames are grey. The impedance of both speakers is 8 ohms. I can email pics. They weigh about 17-19 lbs each.

The D130F plays without any scraping or other bad sounds, but there is a 1 1/2" tear in the suspension, the suspension also appears treated and there are dents in the dust cap. The frame is in excellent shape.

The D140F plays without any scraping or other bad sounds, but the dust cap is missing. The frame has some rub marks but is in very good shape. The impedance is 8 ohms. The D130F and D140F share the same frame and magnet designs but. The D140F has a heavier, ribbed cone for bass playing.

Since the D130F and D140F share the same frame and magnet designs, they can be made into the same speaker for guitar or bass or you could have it optimized for audio playback instead. The F stands for Fender. JBL loosened the gap tolerances from an existing audio speaker for the higher volumes Fender was buying (so I've been told). Curiously, the F models seem to be worth more than the non-F models.

I guess both could be used as is, but if you plan on getting it serviced, I will send them to the shop of your choice.

D130F cone side

Heres a small pic of the D130F cone side.

Attachments

• d130ffrontsmall.jpg
    d130ffrontsmall.jpg
    81.1 KB · Views: 131
Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.