• These commercial threads are for private transactions. diyAudio.com provides these forums for the convenience of our members, but makes no warranty nor assumes any responsibility. We do not vet any members, use of this facility is at your own risk. Customers can post any issues in those threads as long as it is done in a civil manner. All diyAudio rules about conduct apply and will be enforced.

Servo-Pot (ALPS) for Surround (for sale)

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Joined 2004
Paid Member
Hi, this might be what someone of you might be looking for.

It's a Log-Pot for 5 chanels that can be driven via a DC-motor. Naturally, it can also be turned manually.
There's also a Balance-Pot with it.

Plus, there's one funny thing: A red LED mounted inside the hollow shaft where the (big shiny) knob is to be put on. Along with some kind of light-conducting device one could make a nice volume-knob.

Both, the volume-pot and the balance thingy, are Alps.

I think the volume-pot is 5k, but I'm not sure; will have to measure and post later.

Before someone asks: I've only got one set (vol+bal) and there won't be another one, sorry.
They come out of an old (~7 years) Sony surround-receiver.

I'm located in Austria, that's Europe.

:drunk:, David

Joined 2004
Paid Member
Well, that's an interesting question.
Enough to make me able to buy an Alps stereo-pot.
A 50k motorized Alps stereo-pot is somewhere around 30EUR, maybe <40$. (RS-Comp...)
I don't know. In your case, we've got to consider shipping-costs as well. But most important is that it'll belong to someone who can use it.

For me it's 04:46AM, I'm completely :drunk:

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.