• These commercial threads are for private transactions. diyAudio.com provides these forums for the convenience of our members, but makes no warranty nor assumes any responsibility. We do not vet any members, use of this facility is at your own risk. Customers can post any issues in those threads as long as it is done in a civil manner. All diyAudio rules about conduct apply and will be enforced.

FS: pair of improved DIY LCY ribbons, transformers and ribbon material for a lifetime

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
as many of you may know I built 95db/w improved LCY 130 ribbons awhile ago

read about them and see pics here:

http://www.diyaudio.com/forums/showthread.php?s=&threadid=61814&highlight=

they are 1.5x.75" effective area pure aluminum 5.8 microns thick and fully annealed (the pics don't show that but they ARE ANNEALED)

includes the hand wound transformers with 13 gauge trifilar primaries and 20 gauge trifiliar secondaries

rated for 100w rms... I've played them at 1.8khz 18db/octave and they are fantastic sounding speakers

the gap is 1 telsa across the .75" gap width (comparable to the best and most robust tweeters out there like the Raven and Neo CD5i)

it has uniform dispersion on the vertical and horizontal plane... and flat 60 degrees till around 10khz

solid oak mounting flanges with grills internalized (alum screen like on the real LCY's) and a hand rounded quarter round DIRECTLY into the gap... took me 4 hrs to just round this... believe it or not :(

why may you ask I'm selling these?

though they sound fantastic 2 reasons:
1. they aren't efficent enough... the PHL's and Lambdas swamp them
2. I just saturated and destroyed both the transformers when the 4.3 micron ribbons ripped 2 days ago
3. I want to begin work on planar ribbons :devilr:

I will include 2 new transformer cores of the same type and tell you how many windings to do... I'll include the broken ones too you so you know how it works etc...

also I'll include 100+ feet of 5.8 micron foil and 100+ feet of 4.3 micron foil... right now they have 5.8 micron in them

I can also include the annealing gears I used...

basically they're perfectly working at this point... the connections are made via silver epoxy (VERY expensive)

I have around $300 in just parts for the pair...... just the magnets are 1" thick 1.5" long .5" deep N50 grade neodymium cost over $170 for those...

I would like to see $150+ shipping for the pair of these...

they can be viewed mounted and sounding fantastic in my babies :)

http://feandil.tripod.com/finished_pics/index.album?i=4

as you can see the flanges are stained dark walnut

they are dipoles if you care to know :)

tf1216 said:
Did you put these on eBay yet?

I am thoroughly enjoying your post in the loudspeakers section. I agree with you 100% about what you have to say!

Thank you for taking the time to fill us in on your commercial speaker voyage!

thanks

they are not on ebay no... I think since there's no interest I will just salvage the flanges for the planars and scrap the other components

anyone interested in 1" thick N50 magnets 1.5"x.5"???

4 of these huge blocks for $50!!!!

I spent around $120 for them

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.