• These commercial threads are for private transactions. diyAudio.com provides these forums for the convenience of our members, but makes no warranty nor assumes any responsibility. We do not vet any members, use of this facility is at your own risk. Customers can post any issues in those threads as long as it is done in a civil manner. All diyAudio rules about conduct apply and will be enforced.

Acurus P-10 Phono Stage Listed on Ebay

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
I just listed this phono stage on ebay and I thought some of the diyaudio.com crowd might be interested. Hopefully, it doesn' violate diyaudio.com Trading Post policy.

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=5822994605&rd=1&sspagename=STRK:MESE:IT&rd=1

This phono stage has barely been used. I simply lost interest in vinyl and it has therefore been sitting idle in my system for some time.

It includes the original manuals and box, which will be double boxed for shipping

If you are new to world of high end audiophile quality equipment, this piece is a great place to start. It is a step-up from brands like NAD, Rotel and Adcom.

Acurus was Aragon’s entry level line. Aragon has since been purchased by Klipsch and the Acurus line discontinued. Some Acurus products were actually folded into the Aragon line and simply renamed.

There is a small mark on the faceplate, which has not even penetrated the anodizing. I tried to take a picture of it, but it was simply too small. I would estimate that it would be virtually undetectable from 2-3’ away and obviously it does not affect the performance. If you win the auction, you’ll be surprised that I even mentioned it.

The P10 is a high gain phono preamplifier. It is unique at its price in that phono preamplifiers normally sell at four times the cost. Yet it has the same attributes as these far more costly phono stages.

No Integrated Circuits
As with the RL-11 preamplifier, the P10 phono stage is also fully Class A and contains only discrete components (no IC's). This method of circuit design is responsible for the P10's musicality on which analogs traditional reputation is based. This advanced circuit allows for quiet operation with low output moving coil and moving magnet cartridges.

Accommodates Low Output Cartridges
The P10 has three position gold plated contacts which allow you to set the gain to accommodate high output moving magnet and moving coil cartridges or low output moving coils. The Acurus us capable of up to 8 volts output with high output cartridges.

Selectable Input Impedance
For moving could cartridges, the Acurus P10 has six position selectable loading, providing from 25 ohms to 47,000 ohms impedance for proper cartridge tuning.

Glass Epoxy Circuit Board
The quality of the components utilized is critical to both consistency and sound quality. The P10 has only discrete transistors, 1% metal film resistors and metallized polypropylene capacitors in the signal path. The components are on a dual sided military grade glass epoxy circuit board.

Dual Mono D.C. Operation
The Acurus P10 was engineered with a low radiation, low noise power supply. The DC power supply is dual mono to provide total separation for superb stereo width and front to back depth. This power supply is then isolated with a steel cage yielding a truly quiet phono preamplifier.

Steel Chassis Isolation
The P10 is a totally self contained phono stage which may be used with any line level preamplifier. A steel chassis protects the low level circuitry from the effects of external electromagnetic fields. A polished and black anodized 17" front panel provides an aesthetically pleasing appearance. A 19" panel is also available.

Specifications
DESIGN: Phono Preamplifier
FREQUENCY RESPONSE: 20Hz-20kHz
S/N RATIO: 80dB A Weighted
MAXIMUM OUTPUT: 8 Volts
RMS OUTPUT VOLTAGE: 8 volts
REMOTE CONTROL: No

Attachments

• acurus.jpg
    acurus.jpg
    39.4 KB · Views: 151
Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.