Trade: speakers (have) for tube amp (want) - diyAudio
Go Back   Home > Forums > Commercial Sector > Swap Meet

Swap Meet Sell your stuff here, who knows, some other fanatic might be interested!

Please consider donating to help us continue to serve you.

Ads on/off / Custom Title / More PMs / More album space / Advanced printing & mass image saving

Old 24th October 2005, 11:16 PM   #1
Pjay is offline Pjay  United States
diyAudio Member

Default Trade: speakers (have) for tube amp (want)

I have too many speakers and would like to try a tube amp. If you have a 30-40 good tube amp, not vintage and need some audiophile speakers, e-mail me. I am in the DC area. I have 6 pair to choose from.

Thanks,

P
Old 25th October 2005, 06:00 PM   #2
JZatopa is offline JZatopa  United States
diyAudio Member

Why don't you post what you have?
Old 25th October 2005, 06:53 PM   #3
diyAudio Member

Default OK . . .

All are hand built and voiced.

1. MMT using Vifa MG18SK and Vifa XT25 tweeter. 4 Ohm great sound with tight bass and overall dynamics. Finished in Ash. Pic on my site: P8 Ballon Thinking of swapping with the DX25 tweeter so the whole thing is shielded.

2. MT with Peerless CSX 7" and Seas H400 Titanium tweeter. These measure very flat and hit the low 40 hz range. These are very detailed, some say on the bright side, but really just how flat speakers sound. Finished in birch with walnut trim. These are used in most of our DIY tests because they measure so flat. Pics on my site: P9 Chasse

3. MT using vifa P13 and Vifa D27TG. Nice small monitor. Measures pretty flat with some warming in the mid region. Smoother sound with f3 in the 75Hz range. These were an early project and woodwork is average. Finished in Cherry. My site under: Vifa 2-way. terrible pics, not that bad.

4. P6 Tower. This uses a Peerless CC 8" and peerless tweeter. Very nice and warm speaker with lots of detail. Very Good finish.

5. P10 Moxy. Very Very nice Vifa wood pulp 7" with morel MTD30 tweeter. Always a show stopper. Very smooth sound, no harshness at all. lots of detail. Nice tight bass, no bass hump sound like so many speakers. Very natural sounding. My site under P10. For some reason musicians love this one.

6. End table size sub using the PE 250 watt amp and ACI DV12 woofer in 50 liter box. This is not the sub on my site.

7. ACI Sapphire III with the focal 7411dvc and SS9300. Very nice design. Will have to be a nice tube amp to part with these.

8. Latest design using the PE RS180, RS28 in a 20 liter PE cabinet. Very nice sounding and detailed. Not posted yet. Blue Corian baffle on cherry. I put a 2db BBC dip in this one since the whole thing is metal coned and it worked well. Smooth and detailed.

Best bet would be someone who can come and listen for themselves and we can talk.

Note the graphs on my site are 2db, not 5db like everyone else.

I also have a Sansui 8080db in the original box up for trade.

Hope this helps.

P
Old 26th October 2005, 01:56 PM   #4
diyAudio Member

I am interested in a pair of speakers. What is your website link. Thanks.
Old 26th October 2005, 02:24 PM   #5
diyAudio Member

Default duh

It comes up automatically on most of my logins, sorry.

www.helarc.com

Thanks for letting me know.

P
Old 26th October 2005, 04:17 PM   #6
diyAudio Member

Nice speakers. Could you please email me direct :

audiotube@yahoo.com

Thanks.

Hide this!Advertise here!