FS: Four Dayton Reference 10" Subs - Page 3 - diyAudio
Go Back   Home > Forums > Commercial Sector > Swap Meet

Swap Meet Sell your stuff here, who knows, some other fanatic might be interested!

Please consider donating to help us continue to serve you.

Ads on/off / Custom Title / More PMs / More album space / Advanced printing & mass image saving
Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 28th October 2005, 08:17 PM   #21
Nisbeth is offline Nisbeth  Denmark
diyAudio Member
 
Nisbeth's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2001
Location: Denmark
Didn't Tymphany just revamp the lineup after they took over DST? That just means you can't get the "old" HDS-series anymore because they've discontinued it, not that they are getting out of DIY entirely. If you look at Tymphany.com there are still plenty of DIY-drivers listed


/U.
  Reply With Quote
Old 28th October 2005, 10:53 PM   #22
diyAudio Member
 
Join Date: May 2005
Location: NC
Quote:
Originally posted by Nisbeth
Didn't Tymphany just revamp the lineup after they took over DST? That just means you can't get the "old" HDS-series anymore because they've discontinued it, not that they are getting out of DIY entirely. If you look at Tymphany.com there are still plenty of DIY-drivers listed


/U.

well I'm just talking about "HDS like" drivers.... I will take a look though


no peerless is not getting out of DIY
  Reply With Quote
Old 28th October 2005, 11:22 PM   #23
diyAudio Member
 
ShinOBIWAN's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2004
Location: UK
Are you talking about the HDS nomex range or the HDS exclusive?

Take a look here to see what I mean:

https://secure.wilmslow-audio.co.uk/..._Units_13.html

If so your probably right about the HDS nomex ones, the exclusive range has just undergone a couple of new additions though and these are very much decent drivers for the money.
  Reply With Quote
Old 29th October 2005, 12:09 AM   #24
mac is offline mac  United States
diyAudio Member
 
mac's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2003
Location: Puget Sound
I bought them to use in my Orion's because the Peerless units have been unavailable. I sold them because the Peerless units will be available again soon.
  Reply With Quote
Old 29th October 2005, 01:09 AM   #25
diyAudio Member
 
Join Date: May 2005
Location: NC
Quote:
Originally posted by ShinOBIWAN
Are you talking about the HDS nomex range or the HDS exclusive?

Take a look here to see what I mean:

https://secure.wilmslow-audio.co.uk/..._Units_13.html

If so your probably right about the HDS nomex ones, the exclusive range has just undergone a couple of new additions though and these are very much decent drivers for the money.
yes I know you can get those babies...

the HDS nomex is a good driver actually... really up there... and especially high class for the $$$

the Exclusives are in stock and to my knowledge not under any heavy demand

I still rather have a Dayton RS 8" thought 8\ 8\

heck I'd take a Dayton RS over the Seas W series ...
  Reply With Quote
Old 29th October 2005, 02:27 AM   #26
diyAudio Member
 
Join Date: Aug 2003
Location: Santa Cruz, California
Quote:
Originally posted by Audiophilenoob


I still rather have a Dayton RS 8" thought 8\ 8\

heck I'd take a Dayton RS over the Seas W series ...
I did (actually got a pile of RS150s when PartsExpress had their shipping cost amnesty earlier this year: there was no way in hell I was paying over 2 grand for 16 W15CY001), but there are a few things to watch out for. The TS parameters are different, which doesn't matter much to me since I plan to use them as midwoofers cut off at 100 Hz. More important, the Seas magnesium driver has its first resonant peak is a bit below 9 kHz, whereas the Dayton's is at 6 kHz, so to avoid the third harmonic distortion peak associated with that mode you want to cross over the Dayton about half an octave lower than you would the Seas. Just a headsup for y'all.


Cheers,
Francois.
  Reply With Quote
Old 29th October 2005, 03:16 AM   #27
mac is offline mac  United States
diyAudio Member
 
mac's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2003
Location: Puget Sound
This rumor about Peerless pulling out of the DIY market is complete bunk. PE will have the 10" XLS drivers back in stock in two weeks. When I spoke to Brian at Madisound just the other day he told me the same thing. Peerless moved their manufacturing plant and that's why some of the drivers are out of stock.
  Reply With Quote
Old 29th October 2005, 04:28 AM   #28
diyAudio Member
 
Join Date: May 2005
Location: NC
Quote:
Originally posted by mac
This rumor about Peerless pulling out of the DIY market is complete bunk. PE will have the 10" XLS drivers back in stock in two weeks. When I spoke to Brian at Madisound just the other day he told me the same thing. Peerless moved their manufacturing plant and that's why some of the drivers are out of stock.



nobody said peerless was pulling

thought it is good news they aren't dropping the XLS series
  Reply With Quote

Reply


Hide this!Advertise here!
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Dayton, SilverFlute, or Foster for my "subs" ? swak Subwoofers 4 22nd August 2007 06:44 PM
FS: Four Dayton Reference 12" Subs mazeroth Swap Meet 4 13th March 2007 07:33 AM
Dayton Reference Subs out at PE blackreplica Subwoofers 16 18th October 2005 06:01 PM
Dayton reference 8" bauer444 Multi-Way 7 12th March 2005 07:51 AM
Dayton 6" reference and dayton silk dome tweeter combo project...input? nerd of nerds Multi-Way 4 2nd December 2004 05:36 PM


New To Site? Need Help?

All times are GMT. The time now is 07:20 AM.


vBulletin Optimisation provided by vB Optimise (Pro) - vBulletin Mods & Addons Copyright © 2014 DragonByte Technologies Ltd.
Copyright 1999-2014 diyAudio

Content Relevant URLs by vBSEO 3.3.2